• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Build Log Top Flite P-40E Warhawk Gold Edition kit

Bipenut53

150cc
[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION] yes that's right, it is a lot of fun to get together with the guys and fly. So don't get me wrong I do really enjoy that, but where we fly is private land, we cannot form an official club there and impose on the property owner that way. The reason I say this is if we were able to form a formal club we could invite new people into the hobby. We could have programs to get the kids of the community to join in as well. Right now there is nothing for them to do here so the cause trouble instead.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah I knew that bud and I know your hearts is in a good place about all this stuff. I didn't mean for you to think about it that way bro. :facepalm:
Shoot man I wish I had some flying buddies closer to me. I have Heli guys that I fly with, but none of them are into the plane thing. Dang it.

Last edited by a moderator:

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Finally, a day to work on the bird. Took the wing back outside and shaped the LE and wing tips. Check against the plans and she looks good. Next next step is for gluing in the recess window pieces. Since I don't have my paint for that year, think I'm skipping over to wing mounting when I get time next. I also shaped the excess sheeting on the vertical stab to match the horizontal stab, another good fit.

I see you are still working on it. I took 3 months andstarted again this week. This summer has just been to hot to do any work in the shop. It took me a little time to find our threads on this site since they moved everything over here from 3drcforum.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Yeah, I'm in a long hiatus due to getting ready to move houses. Hopefully once I get my man cave/hobby room setup in the new house I'll be back working on her in about 4-6 months. Yeah, took me a while to find the threads too.

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Been in the new house just over 2 months now and my wife is pestering me to get the plane done. This morning I finally felt like building before the family was up, so I mounted the wing.

Attachments

• IMG_20170304_070558042_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170304_070558042_HDR.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 473

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Got the whim to get more work down on the plane Memorial Day 2017. Worked on fitting the stabs to the tail and epoxying the stabs together. Need to go back and fill in the significant gap as I didn't get a good curvature on the vertical stab sheeting.

Attachments

• IMG_20170529_144820086.jpg
    IMG_20170529_144820086.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 444