• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale BUSA Super Cub

TonyHallo

150cc
The boot cowl section is 5 pieces, one on the bottom, two on each side that over lap on top since the front support wires meet at the center of the plane. The full scale is split at the top as well. The Cub may be different since there is inverted from the Super Cub.

000_0640.JPG
000_0642.JPG
000_0645.JPG

TonyHallo

150cc
Put the plane on the scales with everything installed. 35 1/2 pounds. Once the fuselage is painted looking at 39 to 40 pounds. Currently the CG is about right so it will be tail heavy once painted. Need to move some thongs around. Looked around the net and found several builds ranging 33 to 41 pounds. All reported good flight characteristics. The cubic wing loading works out to 6.75 which is trainer range.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tony, just going with your Super cub boot design. How does this piece look on the other side?

16993156258561170591161.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Using three artist drawings and one photo drew the graphics on the fuselage side view drawing. I will use this to make templates for laying out the fuselage. I'm using the N number from a photo I found at the Piper museum. For the longer curves I used a piece of 1/4" square spruce nailed down to the bench. Templates will be made out of SeeTemp Can't wait for spring

100_0771.JPG

IMG_2864.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
I ordered paint masks for the PIPER Logo and N numbers from AeroGraphics located in Loveland CO. They do full scale work but can resize the logos for model use. Highly recommended if you looking for scale logos. Also ordered an exterior kit for the other small details. I used their logos on the 1/4 scale and 30% Cherokees, Champ and now the Super Cub.
I think I'll go to Lowes today and pickup a 4'x8'x2" sheet of foam and get back on the Cherokee plug.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I ordered paint masks for the PIPER Logo and N numbers from AeroGraphics located in Loveland CO. They do full scale work but can resize the logos for model use. Highly recommended if you looking for scale logos. Also ordered an exterior kit for the other small details. I used their logos on the 1/4 scale and 30% Cherokees, Champ and now the Super Cub.
I think I'll go to Lowes today and pickup a 4'x8'x2" sheet of foam and get back on the Cherokee plug.

Following.