• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Clover Creek Invitational

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Well, the first day of preliminaries are done for the Clover Creek Freestyle Invitation is complete. I must say that it has been so much fun and quite an honor to see all of the great talent assembled and competing. It is also very refreshing to see all of the young talent, not only competing well but handling themselves as fine young men an women!

Last edited:

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Yes. I pulled out of the competition, because of all the mess down here. But I am going to take a break and spend the weekend hanging out with old and new friends, watching, judging, taking pics and providing some event coverage!

Looking forward to seeing you there. I am leaving Thursday night, but don't know how far I will get.

thurmma

150cc
My daughter and I are heading out from here Thursday after work. If all goes well we should be pulling in around 11:30 - 12:00 midnight. We are camping, at least that is the plan for now, so we may just crash in the truck when we get in and set everything up on Friday. I am hoping to get a spot come Saturday morning but, if not then we will be watching and taking pictures also :)

Robotech

70cc twin V2
It is official, I will be flying this weekend at Clover Creek. I received an email from Gil this morning telling me there was a spot for me :) Now to see if I can fly the way I have been flying the last couple of days over the course of the weekend :)
That's good news Mark. I was hoping you would get a spot after I had to decline Sunday when Gil called. Just bad timing for me as I had assumed I wouldn't get in and decided to take my plane down for maintenance late last week. Just no way to finish it in time and get any practice with my work schedule.

Good luck and fly hard for the SC!

thurmma

150cc
Just figured out the forecasted density altitude for Saturday at CC and it is roughly 1500 ft. Definitely putting the 29 x 12 x3EVO back on the 180. It would shred the Falcon 30 x 13 x 3 at that altitude. It almost shreds it at density altitude of 3500 ft which is what we are flying at pretty much most of the time here.