Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Corsair F4U 1/3 scale

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by Blazing Wings, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Nice

2. Flaps are done. Next I am making carbon fiber hinges for it. I had aluminum ones, but they add in weight. When they are done I can finally start hinging them in position and make adjustments if necessary. Should go steady from now on. Hope to have her completed within 4 weeks.

Attached Files:

3. Spar is now glued into place. Moving on making carbon fiber hinges.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    After seeing the size of the wing, in reference to the garage door, I had to go back to the beginning of the thread to check the wingspan.
    WOW!! At 158” that is one spectacular wing!!

dhal22 likes this.
  5. In the process of making hinges for the flaps in carbon fiber.

Attached Files:

pawnshopmike likes this.
  6. Vacuum molded carbon fiber wing hinge for 1/3 scale Corsair. They turned out precisely and no sanding needed.

Attached Files:

dhal22 and pawnshopmike like this.
  7. After some detailing the flaps are ready to be hinged to wing.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Wing gull flaps installed.

Attached Files:

-Rick-, dhal22, WMcNabb and 1 other person like this.
  9. Very Nice!

Blazing Wings likes this.
  10. A bit more done. Outboard flaps installed. The aileron is not hinged yet and I might leave that to customer. Everything is only pre hinged for removal so customer can do his glassing and painting.

Attached Files:

WMcNabb, -Rick- and pawnshopmike like this.