• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton Yak 54, 38% please submit suggestions here....

Now, the spruce stringers are glued on and dry, this is the end result.

IMG_8087.JPG
IMG_8088.JPG

I noticed that to. Much thicker than my Carden Yak.

LOL!!!
Now I know what you are both looking at. Those stab TE have yet to be sanded down!! DO not be fooled.
I am wanting to follow the manual, so i will finish the hatch/canopy first, then move on to the stabs and wings. Please be patient with me!!!!

I will now measure the 1/2" thick balsa to the contour of the top of the hatch, considering I must cut out area for the spruce, the fuel tanks, and remove about 2 mm to make up for the thickness of the plastic of the canopy. mY goal is the for plastic to be level with the top of the hatch.

IMG_8089.JPG
IMG_8090.JPG
IMG_8091.JPG
IMG_8092.JPG
IMG_8093.JPG
IMG_8094.JPG
IMG_8095.JPG
IMG_8096.JPG

I am now working on the back side of the hatch. This is the last hatch former, I am laminating the pretty DALTON insignia balsa piece to the plywood former of the Hatch. I do not want the clamps to have direct contact with that balsa, so as to not crush it, I am using a scrap piece of balsa as a buffer!!
IMG_8097.JPG

Just as an aside, You All have had an ARF, whereby the hatch tab will come off!! What a real PITA when that happens. Well here, I am showing the steps of pining these to the spruce. I used toothpicks and poly-u glue. all excess glue was eventually wiped off.

IMG_8098.JPG
IMG_8099.JPG
IMG_8100.JPG
IMG_8101.JPG
IMG_8102.JPG
IMG_8103.JPG

Well, here is the pretty canopy!! Looks awesome, I can picture it now. I am marking it out with tape, and I will cut outside the tape margin. Then do final sanding for ultimate fitting. What gap should there be between the back of the hatch and the turtle-deck? .5 mm or .25 mm???
IMG_8104.JPG

Some more progress on the Canopy/Hatch area. Still not done with it. Once I finish trimming the plastic off, then I will paint the hatch, then glue on the Canopy with the special glue.
IMG_8105.JPG
IMG_8106.JPG
IMG_8107.JPG
IMG_8108.JPG