• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Demystifying Vacuum Bagging of foam wings!!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just reading through this thread. I like it! I've always wanted to get into vacuum bagging again.
I have done a number wings, rudders, elevators and a few cowls. It is great system and works well and you end up with very true aero foil. But have not been able to use it much and the investment is high. Make sure you have good access to good vergin styrofoam and some one that cuts aerofoils for you that is the difficult part. I have all the equipment but cannot buy blank aerfoils.

Alky6

150cc
I have done a number wings, rudders, elevators and a few cowls. It is great system and works well and you end up with very true aero foil. But have not been able to use it much and the investment is high. Make sure you have good access to good vergin styrofoam and some one that cuts aerofoils for you that is the difficult part. I have all the equipment but cannot buy blank aerfoils.
Snoopy: JTEC Radiowave will cut any foam wing for you (really any foam parts). They have a cnc foam cutter. Give Al Young a call if interested.

I love vacuum bagging parts!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I'll take that off your hands at the next Nall. LOL!!!
Snoopy: JTEC Radiowave will cut any foam wing for you (really any foam parts). They have a cnc foam cutter. Give Al Young a call if interested.

I love vacuum bagging parts!
Thanks for that I will look into that. Maybe get him to bring a couple of blanks to JoeNall for me . Shipping them is expensive because of the size.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
https://www.joewoodworker.com/docs/ProjectEVS.pdf

Basically everything a guy needs to know about building a vacuum pump system pretty cool.
It’s a good system and it works. I used 90% of what was recommended except for the pump. But that is a long story . And after I have built several wings and other parts I added two big vacuum tanks to help with the initial draw down and to cut back on the cycle time.