• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DLE 170 Exhaust Help

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
.com;17464 wrote: Dave's Pro-Flows are my first choice even though he dresses funny, ;) but as you stated, the GP Extra does not have provisions for canisters.

Yeah... weird huh? I think my SD 260 is probably about the same age or maybe older than the GP. It has an awesome can tunnel.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
.com;17501 wrote: The DLE 170 on that airframe will still be a BEAST !!
If you're talking about the GP 38% Extra, it has plenty of cahonies. Flies pretty good. But not enough control for me. The previous and now new owner has not put much throw in the surfaces. My 260 with the 3dub is awrsome though. Can't wait till the Sukhoi is done.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
orthobird;17643 wrote: how much does that airplane weigh, if you do not mind me asking?
I believe I was told around 40. Last weekend when I maidened it for my friend, I picked it up, (the best I could...LOL) and then did so with my 260. I know for a fact my 260 comes in just shy of 42 lbs. with no fuel. His just seemed lighter. So to answer your question? I am going to guess, less than 39 anyway. It doesn't fly heavy. But does land much faster than my 260. Probably because it has so much less wing? We're planning a Monday blast off again. I am going to put her through the wringer. Maybe he'll let me dial in some good 3D controls. LOL