• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Does a tuned pipe reduce noise?

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
There's lots of great choices for tuned pipes all are good and gains you Rpms with the right header length and prop. And most will be a lot quiter then factory exhaust

planebender smooth pipes

es compisate

re2's-3's

pro-rc hype pipes

etc etc

Comes down to personal preference I find.

I'm putting a dle 111 on my new to slick and will be using pro-rc hype pipes this winter

I have a gp-61 on a planebender smooth pipe and wow great sound and power over what my 3dhs edge needs lol

njswede

150cc
2robinhood;6357 wrote: Yes tuned pipe are quite.

On a 50cc engine you may not have the issue, but on larger engines the increase in rpm's useally make the prop rip ( tips go super sonic ).

My piped 170 swings a 32" prop @ 6500 on the ground and needs to be throttle managed in the air, she'll bark very, very loud.

Just did the math, and I'd have to spin my little 23x8 at over 11000 rpm to make it super sonic, so that ain't going to happen.

I guess I'm getting a tuned pipe then. Well, as soon as I've gotten over the sticker shock, that is. Over 200 bucks for a piece of tube! Yikes!

Look at WrongWayRC tuned pipes. I've got a pair of them on a EME 120. I picked up close to 600 R's, just by adding those pipes. And the noise you hear isn't the exhaust......

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
njswede;7021 wrote: Just did the math, and I'd have to spin my little 23x8 at over 11000 rpm to make it super sonic, so that ain't going to happen.

I guess I'm getting a tuned pipe then. Well, as soon as I've gotten over the sticker shock, that is. Over 200 bucks for a piece of tube! Yikes!

I'll make you a heck of a deal on a header for a DA50 and a KS1060 pipe. It's a few inches shorter than it used to be, but I think it will buff out.:wink-new:

7063=2725-Header pipe.jpg
7063=2725-Header pipe.jpg

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
njswede;7118 wrote: That one looks like it would fit my budget! :)

I could have made you a package deal and included the airframe. Shipping would have been cheap since it would fit is such a small box.

7153=2756-0513121333.jpg
7153=2756-0513121333.jpg

thurmma

150cc
Jetpainter;7153 wrote: I could have made you a package deal and included the airframe. Shipping would have been cheap since it would fit is such a small box.

attachment.php

Good place for the sticker. To bad the rest of the plane went with it :(