• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Rusty 73

100cc
Thanks Cam , some of the guys in RC forums can be a little touchy about other peoples ideas and opitions .
Yes the more brains the better i agree , that's how we get better at our hobby is by sharing ideas weather it's correct or not .
Yes I don't have too many jokes and no Mom jokes for sure . Thanks for allowing me to add my two cents worth of ideas into your build :way_to_go:

Have a happy New Years to you and your family .

Hey Cam, I wish all of the doctors I know had your attitude. . . . . :yesss:

Happy New Year

over the years, I have learned three things that are the worst part of being a doctor:
1. Being forced to take ER call for free.
2. Having to deal with hospital administrators
&
3. Having to deal with other doctors

one of my favorite physicians, a real lovely man, he just passed away one year ago, he would tell me, in the surgeon's lounge: "Doctors can be real As$^%*es."

I agree with you, there are some doctors that are terrible, mean.

I should say, my favorite part of being a doctor is dealing with people and doing surgery. Love it.!

As you can see, I made no statements about lawyers, and that is, because they, for the most part, do not know much about medicine.

Happy new Year to all my GSN friends!

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
IMG_1452.JPG
over the years, I have learned three things that are the worst part of being a doctor:
1. Being forced to take ER call for free.
2. Having to deal with hospital administrators
&
3. Having to deal with other doctors

one of my favorite physicians, a real lovely man, he just passed away one year ago, he would tell me, in the surgeon's lounge: "Doctors can be real As$^%*es."

I agree with you, there are some doctors that are terrible, mean.

I should say, my favorite part of being a doctor is dealing with people and doing surgery. Love it.!

As you can see, I made no statements about lawyers, and that is, because they, for the most part, do not know much about medicine.

Happy new Year to all my GSN friends!
If you look at carburetor you will see an air intake and filter on it works great and it is made by DA. Keeps the dirt out and has zero effect on the engine no rpm loss at all great little air cleaner to keep dirt out of you engine.
One comment if you face the Secraft intake forward you will run into some real tuning problems. Tryed it and could not get it to work ran it backwards and all my difficulties went away. If you do get to work pointing forwards would really like to know the outcome and what you did.

In Dallas right now with the family. Took these pictures before leaving. Still not done with it, but you can get an idea of what I am doing. Once this cures, will lay one last layer of cloth and resin then fill gaps with the Dolphin glaze, then sand it smooth. Then I can primer and paint.

IMG_2911.JPG
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_2909.JPG

Rusty 73

100cc
That should hold up fine under , i like how you incorperated a few strands of fibres in with the epoxy . Your artistic side haha
I like how you used balsa wood to support the fiberglass , well done Cam.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Cam, I wish all of the doctors I know had your attitude. . . .
I've worked for some really cool doctors over the years. I unfortunately can't say anything that nice about lawyers and dentists. ;) The ones I've dealt with always seem to want everything for free or beat you down in price. I had to tell an oral surgeon one time that I didn't try and talk him down in price when he worked on me, and he said "well that's different". I told him no it's not, I can't do your job and you can't do mine. He gave me a shocked look and then made an appointment.:)

Finally finished the baffles for the airplane with the twin. Now, to work on the baffles for the airplane with the quad.

Also, almost done covering the last set of wings, except, I am having difficulty doing the final curves on the top of the wings.

IMG_2923.JPG
IMG_2922.JPG
IMG_2921.JPG
IMG_2920.JPG

wings are covered, I just need to figure out how I will cut these patterns:
IMG_2918.JPG

da 200 carden pro top view wing design.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Cam,

Here's a little trick I learned that you may already know. Make a cardboard or thin ply template of the shapes you want. Then take two pieces of Monocote and lay one face up and one face down on top of each other on a glass or very hard surface. Put your pattern on top and cut through both layers of Monocote at the same time. This way you will have two pieces that are an exact mirror of each other. Most importantly, be careful so your template doesn't move.