• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Eflite Beast 60e

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I haven't seen what's so horrible about it yet, but that may be thanks to the gyro. Also, I don't expect it to fly like a edge/slick/extra. I'm expecting it to be a fun, great looking sport aerobat with some 3d capabilities.

Assign your guardian's gain to a slider and try flying it with no stabilization and let us know how you like it.

njswede

150cc
I know. Then again, this is the setup I have and if I like it on the Guardian, why change a working setup? I'm willing to accept that it's simply a plane that needs some assistance from a gyro. Looking at it from a more philosophical perspective, most modern fighter jets are unflyable without electronic assistance. It will be interesting to see if gyros and fly by wire become commonplace with RC fixed wings.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Ohh, I'm fine with gyros...it's just disappointing that this plane seems like it needs gyros, that's all. (I don't feel like it should, but what do I know)

The Sebart doesn't need gyros. The old skool Zero-G Pitts Python definitely didn't need gyros...and that was even smaller.

Bottom line is that it's my opinion that the Beast 60e should AT LEAST fly as good as the Sebart and it doesn't seem like it does.....that's disappointing.

It's also disappointing because Quique's 100cc Beast flies so good...and since Quique worked on this plane with eflite...you'd think it would AT LEAST fly better then the Sebart.

From the Horizon Product page:
"For this inaugural 60-sized iteration, the E-flite development team worked closely with Quique to ensure the impressive performance and feel of a larger aircraft came through"

That seems to be inaccurate. That is disappointing to me.

Watch the product video...does that seem like they're marketing it as "a fun, great looking sport aerobat with some 3d capabilities"

It doesn't to me.

I'll still keep with my thought that eFlite has never once produced a quality performing 3D airframe. Until that changes...no one should ever expect any Eflite plane fly 3D well.

njswede

150cc
Yeah, I hear you. My situation is a bit different, though: I basically bought a trailer that happened to have this plane in it. I had no expectations and I was prepared to part it out to recoup the money. But I think I enjoy flying it. If I want to show off my lack of 3D skills, I break out a Slick, Extra or Edge.

njswede

150cc
OK. I see what you mean now. It's got a really nasty wing rock without gyro. It's a bit weird, but manageable, with the gyro on as well. I still like it though. It's great for doing crisp knife edge passes and slow rolls and it locks into hover really well. I bet it does rolling harriers well too. But it's not the best plane for low and slow I've flown. One of the worst, actually. But I'll keep it. It's a fun plane. I've got 10 other planes for doing low and slow...

njswede

150cc
On another bright note, the Glacier 6s 5300mAh I bought for this plane are KICKING BUTT!!! I'm pulling 2100W and they come down at about body temperature. EP Buddy rocks. That is all.

njswede

150cc
Ouch! Midair with a foamie. Sorry [MENTION=167]xsubsailor[/MENTION]...
uploadfromtaptalk1407612565808.jpg