• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Eflite Beast 60e

gyro

GSN Contributor
For those contemplating a bigger ESC, I just finishing installing the beefy Gecko 125A ESC into the Beast, and it fits nicely on the built in ESC tray. Boasting a hefty 8A continuous, 16A burst BEC, it'll handle the 6 servos with ease. I also like how the motor wires are the perfect length to connect directly to the motor.
They're available only through Altitude Hobbies and Quantum Hobby here in the US.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384624024.549419.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1384624084.082583.jpg

njswede

150cc
I flew my Beast for the first time today. I was pretty sure I wasn't going to like it. I've never been into bipes and it's supposedly hard to fly low and slow.

Well, color me surprised, but I really liked it! First of all, it looks AWESOME in the air. The roll rate is insane even on moderate rates. Knife edge ROCKS. I've heard horror stories about wing drops and tip stalls, and while I could detect some of that, it was completely manageable.

I have an Eagletree Guardian in it and it tames the plane a lot and makes it a hover machine. It looks in super nicely in hovers and is easy to torque roll.

I don't know how I would have liked without the guardian, but the Beast/Guardian combo is really cool! I got this plane as part of a complicated transaction involving my trailer and I was planning to sell it, but I think I'll keep it!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Put it this way... That plane NEEDS a Gyro...

Respectfully, I'd offer you can't truly evaluate the plane however, as the gyro helped with many of that planes bad tendencies.

BUT, I am happy you enjoyed it regardless!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I love the way the Beast looks. One of my favorite planes to see visually. I've had a couple larger ultimate and enjoyed them. Congrats

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
A couple club members have 60e Beasts, I've seen exactly 2 flights, I don't know if that is a sign of something or not. They look great. I've been flying the little UMX Beast since they first released it (I've had 5 of them), fun little plane, flies way better then you could ever imagine.

gyro

GSN Contributor
A couple club members have 60e Beasts, I've seen exactly 2 flights, I don't know if that is a sign of something or not. They look great. I've been flying the little UMX Beast since they first released it (I've had 5 of them), fun little plane, flies way better then you could ever imagine.

Agreed. Had a few of the UMX Beasts (as3x and not) and enjoyed them a lot!

djmoose

70cc twin V2
It's very odd that that Beast60E flies so poorly...considering the Sebart Pitts Python doesn't fly bad at all...just not amazing. Ohh well, I wonder how soon the price will drop on the 60e and it hits the chopping block.

njswede

150cc
I haven't seen what's so horrible about it yet, but that may be thanks to the gyro. Also, I don't expect it to fly like a edge/slick/extra. I'm expecting it to be a fun, great looking sport aerobat with some 3d capabilities.