• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D EMHW 2.15 Ultimate

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Going to fabricate as much as possible , although sending the plans to kit cutters is DEFINATLEY on the table!
But, theres no rush to get this one flying so I'll give hand cutting a try.

Heres a picture of one, I think.

Attachments

• DSCN0641 (1).jpg
    DSCN0641 (1).jpg
    168 KB · Views: 437
Nice! Not only a bipe, but a different one at that!

If you think trying to get the name of the designer in a post is tough, wait till you start posting about the ****pit details!

Last edited:

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Watch "Bucker Jungman TOC" on YouTube
Bucker Jungman TOC:

No idea if this is a hanson kit but it looks close, mine will be 50cc though.

Here's some pictures of the forward sheeting going together. I used Windex and it worked really well. Next time I'll square up the edges of the sheets and glue them all together before gluing them to the plane. There's a few spots where the joint started coming apart and I had some fairly excessive gaps to spackle. It would be easier to stretch the entire thing around the plane rather than try to fit sheets together one at a time. Came out looking great though so I'm happy. The plane's starting to look bigger.

I trippled up one of the balsa stringers to allow a hole to be drilled through the sheeting/stringers for a fuel dot right in the center.

There's another picture of a ruler being used to trim one side of the sheeting so it ended up in the middle of the middle stringer to enable the other side to have a place to grab.

Spacked the gaps and all the pin holes and sanded to 150 grit. I'll leave the final sanding for the end.

There is some sheeting still to be trimmed from the wing area. I'll leave this until I have the wings made to get as close a fit as possible.

Test fit the cowl and it's a nice tight fit.

Attachments

• IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_0587.JPG
    IMG_0587.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_0591.JPG
    IMG_0591.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 417
  • IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0594.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 452
  • IMG_0597.JPG
    IMG_0597.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 465
Last edited:
Thanks guys! I'm just fumbling through it, but it really started looking sweet once the sheeting went on and test fit the cowl...getting excited to finish the top half of the fuse and get the wings made!!

Did the hinging for the tailfeathers. They supply nice Kavan flat hinges. The hinges have 1.4mm nails through them, but these can be replaced with #24 piano wire/spring steel to make everything removable.

As the tailfeathers are built by sandwhiching ply between balsa, digging slots out might be a challenge with handtools so used a Dremel Multitool with a 3/4 flush cut bit. BradleyBan on RcCanada did a great Ultimate build which is where I got the idea.

It worked really well and was easy to cut the hinges fairly cleanly and centered using 6mm ply sitting on some newspaper as a shim.

Attachments

• IMG_0599.JPG
    IMG_0599.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0600.JPG
    IMG_0600.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_0601.JPG
    IMG_0601.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 457