• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight 76/83" MXS

vegasking

70cc twin V2
In my opinion, 3DHS has the best hardware package, they even give you extra bolts, washers and a extra axle. That being said I haven't had too many different planes from any others than 3DHS, Extreme Flight and AJ Aircraft.

3DHS steps up their game on 60cc and especially 120cc planes. Their 30cc stuff is all M2 like AJ is which is not ideal as you have to replace hardware to use metal arms. Pilot-RC uses a standard system of horns and hardware so their 100cc stuff is the same as their 30cc.

AKfreak

150cc
I can see both sides as well but ultimately agree that better choices could be made on the hardware. I don't know if EF is locked into any particular combination of hardware sourcing or what... if they are they must feel the overall value of the product is worth it to the customer to pay their listed price.

Now that some hardware issues have been identified the question is, will it affect your purchasing decision? For those who are considering this model... would you buy it at the current retail price knowing you may have to replace wheels and some other minor things? Determinants of that decision include what other options exist that are comparable that don't have the same issues at a similar price point.

Does the design quality transcend the deficiencies in hardware? At the end of the day how it flies is going to win out in my book.

Thoughts?

Yeah, but I don't want to stir it up any more than I already have ;) I happen to like Chris, Curtis, and the rest of the guys who represent EF. All good company big or small strive to do their best. Sometimes things slip through the cracks, I hope after I mentioned this problem to Chris today, he might pop open a few of the remaining kits to see for himself if this is a fluke or something he needs to address.

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Well, I own the MXS and it flies wonderfully well. That being said, the hardware packs are of low quality IMHO. I replaced most of it quite honestly. AW hardware packs are FAR superior IMHO.

Even if the hardware may be better, a AW doesn't have nothing on EF. All this whining about wheels and shipping are making this thread not worth following. Might as well name it the Official EF complaint thread.

AKfreak

150cc
What fuel dots did you guys end up using. I ordered a secraft V3 and I think its a mistake. I thought the stopper/peg would press fit and lock in flush but it doesnt. Its sticks out of the fuel dot base like the back of a push pin. Also the hole where the fuel needle fits into the fuel dot is loose so I would have to hold the needle and crank the pump at the sometime.