• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Extra 300 91"

dribar

70cc twin V2
So when you install a canister... Is the goal to have it locked down tight so it can't move? ... Or do you want it to be able to move a little as the engine moves?

I'm planning a bracket on the top of the tunnel opposite the header end with a protected tie wrap. Question is: how tight do you lock it down?

RKEstes

50cc

Attachments

• 2015-02-15 12.46.04.jpg
    2015-02-15 12.46.04.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
It would be no different than a car/truck/motorcycle. If the motor has movement then you need to let the exhaust move too otherwise when the motor moves and your pipe doesn't it will stress the connection between the two. That setup above looks very nice indeed. I like the 4 point contact. Reduces vibration and it looks like it is locked in very well. Tip my hat to RKEstes. Very nice job dude.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I'm using the Ply set DA supplied with my can. 2:1 header on DA70. That CF CF VV support looks nice.