• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Extra 300 91"

Scooter - What was your decision process for going push/pull instead of pull/pull on the rudder?

Really it wasn't my decision. Chris @ EF said when using the DA 70 to install the push/pull for correct CG. If I recall it's in the instructions or I read it in post he wrote. You could probably use the pull/pull with the DA 70; however, I'm one that does like to add any additional weight to balance the plane. I'd rather move the batteries around to balance the model. BTW, it worked out perfect with push/pull. Hope this answers your questions.

Regards
Chuck

dribar

70cc twin V2
So just one rudder servo in the tail, right side...and you still used the double horn thru the rudder but only connected one side? Sounds a lot simpler if I've got it right...

Yep, servo's on the right side but I used a single horn. In retrospect, I should have used a double in case I want to put a smaller/lighter engine up front

dribar

70cc twin V2
Finally got to start my build this morning. Hinging the tail and binding the new electronics.... Exciting!!!

dribar

70cc twin V2
Servos and engine mount should be showing up today... which means all parts are now in house. Too bad the weather is so nice... All my build time is spent flying. Ha ha