• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Extra 300 91"

dribar

70cc twin V2
Finally at the stage to balance the 300. I did a balance today and found out I need t place the batteries up front by the engine box for it to balance on the wing tube. I should have them installed before the weekend.

Scooter - I see you had to cut a small relief hole on the left side of your cowling for the da-70 spark plug cap clearance. For some reason I was thinking you didn't need it on the Extra, but your pictures confirm you do. I had to do it on the 91" yak also but was hoping for a no-hole approach with the wide cowl on the extra. How tight was it?

I had no choice but to cut a hole as there was not way it would fit without relief. It was one of those times where you cut, fit check, cut, fit check etc., until you get the right size hole cut.

Last edited by a moderator:

dribar

70cc twin V2
A little pre-assembly test fitting... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423705615.355146.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423705631.373558.jpg

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
More done tonight. It's actually beginning to look like an Extra. I sealed the hindge gap for the rudder. Then installed the rudder servo and linkage. After that I installed the stabs. I double checked the throw on the stabs to make sure they were even and they were not. I checked this by using two carbon fiber rods and taping one to each of the stabs. As the stabs move up and down you can easily see if the rod stay aligned.

I have low, medium and high rate set up for the stabs and the rudder. Whelp. that's it for tonight.

Scooterpilot are you still happy using a rear mounted push pull setup and would you do it again? Are you getting full rudder movement? Is that in the 1-3/4" hole location? Do you think you will get full rudder movement using a 1-1/2" arm

http://www.3drcforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19930&d=1388714801

Scooterpilot are you still happy using a rear mounted push pull setup and would you do it again? Are you getting full rudder movement? Is that in the 1-3/4" hole location? Do you think you will get full rudder movement using a 1-1/2" arm

http://www.3drcforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19930&d=1388714801

I do aggressive 3D and I have more than enough rudder for the style I fly. Would I do it again, yessireebob, in an instant. I don't like adding weight or having my batteries up by the engine to have a neutral CG. The placement of the rudder servo on the end of the fuse moment helped with balance (IMHO). I live in the desert and the temp changes B/T summer and winter vary greatly. With this setup I don't have to continually adjust the tension on the pull/pull wires. The pull/pull takes a bit more time to set up & you get the same result. It's really a personal preference. There's was a large thread on FG and the owner of EF recommended the push/pull set up when using a DA 70. I believe more people than not use the pull/pull and it's all good.

Last edited by a moderator: