• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Bigroger

70cc twin V2
Am building my 60" extra (blue/red version) right now.

Sweet looking plane, but did anybody notice the balsa thickness at the wing root?

On the 60" edge, its quite a solid piece for the wing root at least 2mm thick.

The extra is struggling to be 1mm think in places and in fact the opening where the servo wire will come out was already cracked clean on one side that I had to CA right out of the box?

I wonder if this is a redesign, quality issue or just the way Chris gets these babies nice and light?

MLT67

New to GSN!
Here's some pic's with my favorite EF plane. The 88" Edge is awesome especially with the bigger elevators and SFG's.

MLT

gyro

GSN Contributor
Here's some pic's with my favorite EF plane. The 88" Edge is awesome especially with the bigger elevators and SFG's.

MLT

Nice pics/flying!! I loved the way my 48" Edge flew so I moved up to the 60" and it's awesome too!
I'm slowly working my way up to that 88"
It'll be the next Edge I buy! (just may be a year before I buy it!)

njswede

150cc
So I just ordered my first Extreme Flight plane. A Laser EXP 48". Can I play with you cool kids now? DM2820/750, ZTW 70A, HS65MG.

njswede

150cc
You bet! So what pushed you to move up from the Sabre X?

Do I have to have a reason to buy planes??? Does a crack addict have a reason to score crack? :)

I figured I wanted to try a "premium" plane. Plus, the Sabre X is ridiculously easy to harrier and hover, but it doesn't have the spectacular high-energy capabilities the Laser seems to have. I will still continue to fly my Sabre X, though. To be honest, it's probably a better plane for my skill level, but I want to be silly and dangerous too! :)

hone

150cc
So I just ordered my first Extreme Flight plane. A Laser EXP 48". Can I play with you cool kids now? DM2820/750, ZTW 70A, HS65MG.

I bet that'll be a great plane. Let us know how you like it. I don't have anymore 48'' planes and was thinking the laser might be the one to get. I really like that it looks so different than the edges and extras, you can really tell it apart. I really want one but i might wait for a 60'' Laser :)

gyro

GSN Contributor
Out hucking this morning, got a little too low. Wasn't pretty, but this is the only damage. These birds can take a lot of abuse!!!

View attachment 666

New Prop, new LG, and some CA on the SFG and I'm good to go!

hone

150cc
Out hucking this morning, got a little too low. Wasn't pretty, but this is the only damage. These birds can take a lot of abuse!!!

View attachment 666

New Prop, new LG, and some CA on the SFG and I'm good to go!
They sure are tough! Especially for the size. I cartwheeled my Extra doing a low slow KE pass and the damage looked similar to yours but from the crash you would have expected much much worse.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
I don't even use the xoars much anymore! Love em, but I have a concrete runway and am plagued with crosswinds! The edge can be tricky to bring down sometimes and the slightest prop touch will bust up a xoar quick. Looks like you got away with one there!