• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

Cmala

70cc twin V2
The only EF plane I currently own is a Billy Hell Chinn Yak that I bought brand new from Ben Fisher ;)

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Quite relieved after reading this thread. My warped views have been that EF is looked down on by 3dhs owners. Glad to know nobody will think less of me when I get a 48" Edge :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Quite relieved after reading this thread. My warped views have been that EF is looked down on my 3dhs owners. Glad to know nobody will think less of me when I get a 48" Edge :D
For anybody who has ever flown 3dhs or EF's EXP series planes, I don't think there is any question what quality 3d is. I was one of the many who thought there was more of a division than there really is.
My 48" Edge EXP was awesome, but I'm sure it would have been awesome starting with the 3dhs Edge. Once I flew Slicks I knew I wanted more... But because of the changed characteristics of the 59" Slick, the 60" Edge EXP slid right in and fits very well with my flying style... I couldn't imagine not having at least one Slick and one EXP at all times...

hone

150cc
Quite relieved after reading this thread. My warped views have been that EF is looked down on by 3dhs owners. Glad to know nobody will think less of me when I get a 48" Edge :D

I think anyone who is on this forum is tired of the ridiculousness that goes on at the other site that causes people to feel that way. I know i'm tired of the arguments and trash talk going on over there and it's nice to have a fresh start. I hope we can all keep a good attitude and remember why we all came to this site. My signature at the bottom of all my post explains it all

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Yea I agree completely. I had my part in that arguement and I'm ashamed of it but I'm ready to move on, and buy from both brands :D

hone

150cc
You won't be disappointed. Having options only make it more fun.

On another note my MXS is out for delivery! Also, i forgot to add the power combo but EF said that i can still purchase it at the combo price! Excellent customer service!

RCAddict16

70cc twin V2
Haha yeah its abit like twisted huh? Btw I started an owners thread. So which 48" is the best in your opinion besides the lazer, I hate it's scheme. So between the other 3........... my favorite scheme is the red/black/yellow edge.

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Haha yeah its abit like twisted huh? Btw I started an owners thread. So which 48" is the best in your opinion besides the lazer, I hate it's scheme. So between the other 3........... my favorite scheme is the red/black/yellow edge.

I've only had one of their 48'' planes and it was the Edge. That plane was sick! Super super stable in 3d and is very precise for an Edge. If you want 3d the Edge is where it's at. The Extra will be a little more precise but not as stable in 3d and the MXS is supposed to tumble the best. The Edge is a pretty impressive airframe and you can use 4s 2500s that you can also use in a 51'' Slick so you don't need hella batteries.

Doc Austin

70cc twin V2
I gotta get another one of these days. My last one was the 58" Extra. I just wish that the power systems were more of a direct replacement with the 3DHS airframes.

The 2814 will work awesome in all their 48s, and the 2812 is just plain stupid power for a 51" Slick. I used to fly my 55-57" planes on the 4016, but back then all I had were the 550kv motors.

I'm running all 3800-4000 4s packs, and I think those are a little light for the newer 60"-ish EXP's.

If you get the right motor for those pack they are just about the right size. I'm running 6s 3860 packs and my Extra EXP is still the floatiest plane I own. I have not tried the nerw 4016 MK II on 4s, but Extreme Flight's web site says:

Extreme Flight web Site said:
3D Flying - For .40-.60 sized 3D aircraft. Use with 4S 3700-5000mah20C and 16x8 for approx 850-900W at 60-65A.

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/torque.html