• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Extreme Flight Owners Thread

SteveT.

100cc
Quite relieved after reading this thread. My warped views have been that EF is looked down on by 3dhs owners. Glad to know nobody will think less of me when I get a 48" Edge :D

Actually.....Even Ben Fisher will tell you that while of course he prefers that people buy 3DHS planes...Everybody should have at least one Extreme Flight plane in their stable....I would love to have one of the 88" Yaks, but it looks like they are no longer going to be making them...

SteveT

gyro

GSN Contributor
if someone wants to post a link to this thread in the "other site" similar thread, I wouldn't be mad at you :cool:

G.P.

70cc twin V2
The 2814 will work awesome in all their 48s, and the 2812 is just plain stupid power for a 51" Slick. I used to fly my 55-57" planes on the 4016, but back then all I had were the 550kv motors.

If you get the right motor for those pack they are just about the right size. I'm running 6s 3860 packs and my Extra EXP is still the floatiest plane I own. I have not tried the nerw 4016 MK II on 4s, but Extreme Flight's web site says:

http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/torque.html
Thanks Doc!

Good to know that my lighter power systems will work on the newer EXP's. I got a bit discouraged after trying the 58" Extra...even though it all worked out good in the end.

hone

150cc
hate to admit it, but mine has been in the box in my office since Friday last week!

You're blowin it man. I already have everything set up, i just need to take the power system and servos out of my Extra and drop them in the MXS and we'll be rollin.

Xzuberance

New to GSN!
From having no EF planes, I recently bought a 48" Edge and 60" Edge... Can't wait to build them amidst work and family commitments. These birds would be a nice addition to a hangar comprising a 48" orange edge, 57" Extra 330SC, katana mini and md... May sell off the mini now that i realise big fliies much much better.

What's the take on 6s batts for the 60"? I understand most run on 3300 mAh. In terms of weight, can i say a batt between 500-600g would be good for 3d on the 60"?

hone

150cc
What's the take on 6s batts for the 60"? I understand most run on 3300 mAh. In terms of weight, can i say a batt between 500-600g would be good for 3d on the 60"?

I run 6s 3300s and get 6-7 minute flights. This is on the 60'' Extra but i'm sure the Edge would get similar times. I believe my packs weigh 518g and the Extra FLOATS with that weight pack. I heard the Edge is even more forgiving in terms of weight. 500-600g batteries should be perfect.

gyro

GSN Contributor
You're blowin it man. I already have everything set up, i just need to take the power system and servos out of my Extra and drop them in the MXS and we'll be rollin.

Well, I've been spending 18hrs a day in front of the comp for 5 days (except a little flying yesterday) so I haven't jumped in yet, but I plan to really soon!

Last edited by a moderator: