• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Group Build, 20cc Profile ARF, Who's In?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
What did the final weight come in at on yours terry? @kwj48 sbach65 profile is around 9 lbs and it may not be over powered but it has enough power to keep it out of trouble with a DLE 20. Can't wait to see what my stix60 profile does with the DLE 20 as it should come in around 7lbs.

8lb 10oz RTF with single 2200 LiFe pack. My servos are metal case Savox 1283's so without those you could loose about 2-3 oz. Everything else stock. One switch, ignition cut-off, one battery, small RX. Nothing else to shave weight. You definitely can't take your eyes off it for long, but I understand that is the case with most profiles.

BalsaDust

Cool. Yeah we like them nice and flippy floppy. I think something like the stix41 that I have you would actually like a lot. Crank the rates way up and stay in the throttle and she is one wild biatch but just slow her down and keep her in a harrier and it's actually pretty tame. Again like we have talked about before its all in what you like. I'm finding I really like both sides of the fence when it comes to that. My profiles are an absolute blast to fly but so is my cap and I'm sure the sukhoi will be even better.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
@cbarnes0061, som day when you feel like building a 20-30cc profile I'd like to design a wing for you with a "real" airfoil and have you build it and see how you like it. The airfoils used by the pro-bro planes hunt all over and and all they like to do is hover. Try to fly a couple lines with some cool maneuver and they just flop out.

BalsaDust

@cbarnes0061, som day when you feel like building a 20-30cc profile I'd like to design a wing for you with a "real" airfoil and have you build it and see how you like it. The airfoils used by the pro-bro planes hunt all over and and all they like to do is hover. Try to fly a couple lines with some cool maneuver and they just flop out.

I'm actually talking with one probro now about a 50cc size profile. Will send you a PM with more of the details.

4DigitHP

50cc
I'm actually talking with one probro now about a 50cc size profile. Will send you a PM with more of the details.
I have a 50cc and a 100cc profile. The 50cc is a wrongwayrc kit and the 100cc is a prototype that he never put in kit form.

On the hunt for 1000WHP

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey guys - glad so many people are loving this plane!
I'm going to read through and get feedback we can, but if you guys want to give us a summary of the good and the bad we'd love to hear! Email at info@redwingrc.com and put attn: Tim

We are looking at making a 30cc Profile ( I heard talk about bigger ones). If anyone wants to help with this project let me know!

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
LOL, Jake I LOVE the take off/Maiden. Just assume no bolts will come loose. Nice video by the way! Who's camera is that?