• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Hangar 9 33% Edge 540 Recover

BalsaDust

Whoa... Chris, dude. "OUT-FREAKING" standing!! Once before I mentioned my doubt of these two colors together. But after seeing what you have mastered with them, I am beyond impressed. Way to go man. Looks really nice.

I am starting on yet another restoration project myself. A friend of mine liked the Yak I bought from him so much that he asked me to do a restore on his Dalton 260. Pretty close to burning barrel material, but if I can come even half as close to your accomplishment on this Edge, I am sure he will be pleased.

Your Yak turned out great so I'm sure you can do a good job on the Dalton as well. This plane was in really good shape to begin with. Only major repair was the rudder. Counter balance was barely hanging on and TE of it was in rough shape. Other than that it was a little bit of filler here and there and wicking some thin CA into a couple loose joints.

Next task now is the cowl and canopy. Trying to get the canopy separated from the hatch so I can recover the hatch but its fighting me so I may just screw it back down and glass and paint the hatch.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Chris,

Your Edge turned out FANTASTIC ! ! ! ! ! You did an awesome job on recovering it:yesss:. If I can do 1/2 the job you did when I cover my AMR Stick, I'll be tickled "orange & green" . . . . . . .:laughing:

BalsaDust

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Got the blind nuts and bolts installed in the cowl as well as getting the engine and some servos installed. Will get my buddy to order some button head 4-40 screws for the cowl so it's a bit cleaner looking on the final install. Time to sand and tape off for paint.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Arguably The best flying H-9 33centers....Edge and Cap. Looks really good! Of course when you re-maiden......you know :D.