• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

I’m going out flying thread 2019

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Well, after the blizzard here in Rapid City SD Friday night and Saturday. Sunday morning was mainly digging out, Sunday afternoon and Monday I was out SNOW Floating many places around Rapid City and Piedmont with my 84" Cessna 150 and my E Flight twin Cargo plane Had a lot fun using drifts to help launch planes into the sky like using a ramp for short take offs LOL!!! Took a few video too. with my Go
Pro mounted on the planes

polo.jpgblizzard1.JPG backyard.jpg blizzard2.JPG

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Here is one of the Video's with the Go Pro mounted facing to the rear on my Cessna 150. The right flap was not activating in this video. One problem the E Flight planes have with the captive servo plugs ins. In the next video I did get the flaps working. I used the flaps the rest of the flights we made.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I was out flying most of the day with my Brother, here in the Black Hills of S. D. Here are a couple photo's and a Video of the Monster Gee Bee R2 racer's First flight that a friend gave me. You will here a couple grumpy old guys in the back ground, (Brothers we are always grumpy with each other LOL!!!

mgb1.jpg mgb2.jpg

Last edited:

Wild man

70cc twin V2
After watching AKNick's video with his Go Pro under one wing of his Turbo Bush Master. I had to do one too. So here it is in the snow. Ther is still enough snow to fly from but it is getting a little rough

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Just finished charging a big batch of batteries. Tomorrow is hopefully going to be another nice day here in the Black Hills. I am taking out my AT-6, UMX Gee Bee R2, PT-17, 140 Cherokee and my E 1500 Twin Cargo C 123 and a few Sky-divers to drop out of the Cargo bay.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I had one Go Pro mounted under the left and the right wing. On take off it looked like the 150 had wing tip pontoons LOL!!! That way I did not have to trim the ailerons. I was amazed that with the two go pro's, one under each wing tip the stall speed was just as slow as with out them. Here is the video of the go pro under the right wing
Now I need to learn how to edit the videos and do a split screen with the two video's

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Today wasn't as nice as we were hoping for but we still went out flying. Flew all these birds today AT-6, Spit Fire, GEE BEE R2 UMX, Extra 260, PT-17, Twin C123 Cargo, CZ Cessna 150. We flew off and on from 8 am until 3 pm almost all day went through 20 some batteries
here is a video of the C123 Cargo dropping colored balls. I find it hard to stay proficient flying this many different types of aircraft in one day LOL!!! Temperature 34 degrees

Last edited:

Wild man

70cc twin V2
After doing post flight inspections on the planes I flew today. I found that the horizontal front float mount wires bowed and were flexing to let the floats move upward enough for the Props to cut into the side of the floats. You can see in the video the take off and landing in the patches of snow were not Ideal for this. I am going to beef up the mounting wires to stop the problem
ouch1.jpg ouch2.jpg