• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport Idiot Boy Builds an Old School World Engines Robin Hood 99 Kit

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Finish up the shear webbing today. Also installed some hinge blocks. Then I moved onto the wing tips. I think they came out pretty nice.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Next up will be the servo mounts. Then a whole lot of sanding to shape the leading and trailing edges and the ailerons.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just a suggestion on the wing tips the small triangle that you have glued in sand a small hollow into them so that the covering goes from the last rib to the tip plate. This makes it easier to cover and I believe it looks better. Coming along nicely.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Just a suggestion on the wing tips the small triangle that you have glued in sand a small hollow into them so that the covering goes from the last rib to the tip plate. This makes it easier to cover and I believe it looks better. Coming along nicely.
Thanks bro. I might try that. :way_to_go:

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Had a few free minutes before work this morning so I snuck in a little shop time.

The center rib on both wing halves have to be glued in at an angle to allow for the dihedral. To find the correct angle I sat the plywood dihedral brace on my table upside down. Then I used a speed square to mark a vertical center line on the brace. All I had to do then was align the center rib with the center line on the brace and glue the rib in place.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg