• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Joe Nall 2013 Media Coverage!

Manta

70cc twin V2
Nice signature hat! i see you got Mr Pat's autograph too. I didnt get to speak to him this time but met him 2 years ago. Missed AJ yesterday by about 20 feet lol. ( Hip started acting up so soma in,and Manta out in da camper)
Was so good to see the ones i was able to this time and the hucking was awesome as ever. Got to meet a few folk and see old friends. The noon time demos and the venders products were all great. It was too bad i only got a day and a half there and the half day rained but i am thankful for the rain. :)

Hey Guys,
After 7 days at Nall and a long 18 hour trip home, I’m finally getting a chance to upload some pictures, a video and share some of my experiences while in SC. I arrived there on Sunday morning with my dad & my brother under sunny skies with temperatures in the 70s which was pretty much the same all week other than a couple of chilly mornings in the tent trailer. There were many campers, RVs, tents, etc., from the heli line at the main entrance through the main line, float line, electric line, all the way to the 3D Awesomeness line. We camped next to friends we met last year at Nall from OH who are some of the best guys you ever want to fly or hang out with. There was much flying already going on as we unpacked & got ready for our week.
The number of people arriving seemed to double Monday & Tuesday & into Wednesday and everyone just blended in as we continued to have a great time. Thursday & Friday were just crazy with the amount of people flying as the waiting lines were mostly 4 deep at every station.
Like clockwork, the first flights of the day were between 6 AM and 6:10 AM which made for a great alarm clock each morning. Most days I had 2 flights in by 9 AM with a few scattered in between everything else that was going on during the day. The quality of flying & pilots is truly amazing! I don’t know of any other place where you can fly next to Joe Smith, Wamsy, Chris Thorpe, Jase Dussia, Daniel & Michael Holman, Chris Hass, some of the best pilots in the world, not to mention some of the young talented flyers out there like Cal, Evan & Evan, RC Girl & others. I do have to mention something that stuck out was the night flying by Joe, Jase & Chris. Standing at the flight line, 3 feet away from what they can do with a 100cc plane with lights at night is truly amazing!
When the sun went down, and the music turned on at the pavilion, the foamies came out and everyone had a blast. I’ve got to say that the Twisted foamies ruled.
Thursday & Friday demos at the main line were very cool to see. All the major brands were demoed for a few minutes a piece, topped off by Mac Hodges flying his beautiful B29. The float line had anything from carbon cubs, Icon A5’s to some guy who had a 60% grasshopper which is HUGE!
The week just flew by, the hours seemed like minutes and if you ever have a chance to experience Joe Nall, even just for a day or 2, with or without a plane to fly, it’s something you will never forget! Can’t wait till next year!

Hare are some pics!

entrance.jpg
3dhs.jpg
3DHS Tent of awesomeness!
3drc.jpg
87 shp.jpg
Sweet looking Plane!
92 edge.jpg
Prototype 92" Edge by 3DHS! Sweet!
bird.jpg
Even the birds want to ride on our planes!
smoke.jpg
Sunset bug repellent
TREE.jpg
This tree caught 4 planes and Mr. Hartness himself took it down and said "This was not going to ruin our event!"
WAMSY.jpg
IIIIITTTTTSSS WAMSY!!!!!!

And here is a video, Special thanks to Mrs. Becky Smith for video taping!
[video=youtube;4HehVdbUW_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HehVdbUW_M[/video]