• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
With today's avionics, simpler panels with more capability are possible. First two images are from a two seat version of the Pitts Model 12. Last two images (actually from a modern Cub!) feature the Garmin touchscreen which would fit nicely in a single seat or Model 12S.

View attachment 93479

View attachment 93480

View attachment 93478

View attachment 93481
I really like the first one. Maybe I'll have that one made up. Thank you for taking the time to share these.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Isnt there a 70 twin on this? whats to worry about? Man I am way out of touch on this kind of power needs/wants
Doc
Yes Doc, I put my 3w 70 twin in the Pitts. I really do know it doesn't need that upfront. But it was just sitting in my engine cupboard....I figured it was time to put it to good use.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Found the engine for your plane saito FG 90R3 it is beautiful and sounds great. Just helped a friend start a FG 85R3 it would be a perfect fit the only thing you will need to have a cylinders anodized red.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
After a little flying today, my son and I decided to take advantage of the sunny day. He needed to dial in his Pilot 330 with the BE 124. It's been running superb, but spring maintenance on a new plane and motor was necessary. We also took the opportunity to fire up the 3w 70 on the Pitts. Good lord, me thinks me have way too many ponies on that bipe. What a smooth as silk and monster power house! We first tried a Menz 24x10 wood. Ran good, but I could tell just from the sound it was lacking just a smidgen. So we bolted on the Falcon 24x10 and what an amazing difference! 6620 for static rpm. I was so shocked at the massive pull. Not too shabby for a fairly new non broken in Dub. And it only gets better from here. I have a feeling I am going to be doing a lot of flying with the Pitts. Dang...gotta get it finished.
20170211_162425.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I am very interested in a 70cc twin. I believe it to be my next engine. It is the second smallest twin they make and I think that size plane would be easy to handle and go for a quick flight. Keep us posted on the progress of the engine very interested.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I am very interested in a 70cc twin. I believe it to be my next engine. It is the second smallest twin they make and I think that size plane would be easy to handle and go for a quick flight. Keep us posted on the progress of the engine very interested.
Will do. When I acquired this engine, I got it from my friend who is now flying the high dollar four strokes. He bought it new and only put 1 gallon through it. There was one on GiantScaleNews last night. Marvin bought it for $305. My friend flew this engine on a 33 pound old Hangar 9 330. It was a tank lol. But it flew it just fine.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Now give me a cs version of this beast...Oh yeah!
You are having your one 170 converted to a CS why do you not have the 70 converted as well with all the red heads around the 70 will feel left out. I did know that 3w did that conversion, is it done in the USA or sent back to Germany.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You are having your one 170 converted to a CS why do you not have the 70 converted as well with all the red heads around the 70 will feel left out. I did know that 3w did that conversion, is it done in the USA or sent back to Germany.
Actually I will be doing it. Simple cylinder/piston swap. All the 170 class engines share the same design. The difference is in the cylinder. While the classic is a normal cylinder, the cs has larger transfer ports and the csts has the same larger transfer ports with twin spark.

Not sure the older 70 and new 70cs are the same. I think the entire engine assembly was redesigned. But...I could always have the jugs anodized. Lol