• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
A 2 part catalyzed primer is always better, but basecoat color is not usually too picky. If your not using a spray gun, Spray Max makes a spray can catalyzed filler primer. They are the same people that make the spray can catalyzed clear coat.

http://www.spraymax.com/index.php?id=352&L=1
Dude...you do realize you're a genius right? I did my home work and research and talked to the guys at Wingswest and even KC Auto Paint. Know what they told me? Exactly and precisely, in complete succession word for word just what you said. Did you talk to them and tell them what to tell me? You're awesome pal. Thank you so much for your input and advice.

Last edited:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Dude...you do realize you're a genius right? I did my home work and research and talked to the guys at Wingswest and even KC Auto Paint. Know what they told me? Exactly and precisely, in complete succession word for word just what you said. Did you talk to them and tell them what to tell me? You're awesome pal. Thank you so much for your input and advice.

Kevin from Wingswest is an awesome painter, so I'm sure he knows his stuff. As for me I started working in a body shop when I was 15 and I'm 55 now. That a long time to be sniffing paint fumes. ;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Kevin from Wingswest is an awesome painter, so I'm sure he knows his stuff. As for me I started working in a body shop when I was 15 and I'm 55 now. That a long time to be sniffing paint fumes. ;)
AH!! Well that explains it. Paint fumes. Hee hee
hearty-laugh.gif

I attempted a feeble attempt at automotive painting with an "ex's" dad many (MANY) years ago. I could tell after a very short time, it just wasn't my forte. It takes a different kind of special to be able to make paint look good. I just didn't have the touch. But give me pistons and crankshafts and jugs, (especially if they are redheaded jugs) and I can make that girl sing you a lullaby. Yes, Kevin does seem to know his "schtuff". We all have our talents. Yours my friend is amazing.

Hey, I just got to thinking.
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif

So, my paint will actually be here Monday. Imagine this if you will. I re-label the package, box up my cowl....ship it all to you post haste. You wave your magic wand, rub them beads and shake those bags of potions....and wa-laa.....I have a painted cowl that looks as good as your stuff. Right? Good plan, yes?
wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
AH!! Well that explains it. Paint fumes. Hee heeView attachment 94397

I attempted a feeble attempt at automotive painting with an "ex's" dad many (MANY) years ago. I could tell after a very short time, it just wasn't my forte. It takes a different kind of special to be able to make paint look good. I just didn't have the touch. But give me pistons and crankshafts and jugs, (especially if they are redheaded jugs) and I can make that girl sing you a lullaby. Yes, Kevin does seem to know his "schtuff". We all have our talents. Yours my friend is amazing.

Hey, I just got to thinking. View attachment 94399
So, my paint will actually be here Monday. Imagine this if you will. I re-label the package, box up my cowl....ship it all to you post haste. You wave your magic wand, rub them beads and shake those bags of potions....and wa-laa.....I have a painted cowl that looks as good as your stuff. Right? Good plan, yes? View attachment 94398

If you get his address let me know I have the same paint and a cowl ready for him. We know how to keep him busy. A while he did a black spinner for a gentleman it was fabulous so I will have to send the spinner as well just so it all matches.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
AH!! Well that explains it. Paint fumes. Hee heeView attachment 94397

Hey, I just got to thinking. View attachment 94399
So, my paint will actually be here Monday. Imagine this if you will. I re-label the package, box up my cowl....ship it all to you post haste. You wave your magic wand, rub them beads and shake those bags of potions....and wa-laa.....I have a painted cowl that looks as good as your stuff. Right? Good plan, yes? View attachment 94398
All except I would need you fuselage to to match the stripes to and it wont go into a box so easily.;)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

I hope you have better luck with your cowl than my buddy did with his.
????? Is there something you should be sharing with me regarding this? The only real issues I see at this point is first: It has a huge amount of glaze that will have to be sanded down. Otherwise, I can see it "fish eyeing". The other being getting my lines to match the fuse, (which shouldn't be that big of a deal) and getting the scheme to match "Miss Maggie". Going to start the prep tomorrow. I should have the primer shot by tomorrow evening. Providing the weather continues as it has today. Threats of thunder storms. If not???? Well, guess the painting will have to wait. A certain Sukhoi wants to go practice some IMAC Sportsman. How dare I disappoint her?

Last edited: