• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Oh looky looky...guess what showed up today?

20170501_220212.jpg

Guess this means I need to finish the Pitts huh? Lol.

I'll put the 212 swap on the Yak off for a few days to finally get this completed. Yikes, maiden just around the corner.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
By golly, I think I just might have this down. I want to thank Richard Johnson for all his diligence and determination in helping me get this paint right. The man out did himself this time. Personally a more perfect match could not have been accomplished by anyone other than the master. From now on, all paint I order for repaints and builds will come from Wings West RC.
20170502_200447.jpg

I can't wait to get the clear coat on this cowl. It is about as perfect as I could ask for. Color and depth are great.

Did I do good fellas?
20170502_200111.jpg
20170502_200043.jpg
20170502_200054.jpg
20170502_200105.jpg
20170502_200517.jpg

20170502_200526.jpg

Of course I'll wait to affix the radial decal until the cowl is cleared. But oh my, it really looks nice.

I ordered my 3600mah 2s lipos from Supatim today. The weather here is looking very promising for the weekend. Who would like to do the honors of the maiden? I'm not sure my nerves are going to be up to it. Lol

Stay tuned....clear coat comes tomorrow.

Last edited:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
No clear coat tonight everyone. Seems like I am completely jinxed or someone is sticking pins in a voodoo doll of me.
voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif

So here is what happened. I had two tiny spots on the louvers and one tiny edge at the rear of the cowl that needed just a touch of red before I cleared the cowl. So, I sprayed just a dab in a plastic cup so I could "dot" the spots. Ok, looks good now let's get the masking done. WTF? I had a huge red blob and smear of red on the top of the cowl in the white. Crap...since the white was a different paint with clear in it, a little alcohol and it whipped off pretty easy. Whew...got that cleaned up and I rotated the cowl and oh my hell. Same thing on the opposite side of the cowl smack dab right in the Purple I just shot last night.
angry emoticon.png

Yes, I am furious. I didn't think I spilled the paint from the cup!! Upon closer inspection.... I discovered the red paint "melted" a hole in the bottom of the plastic cup and thus the red paint dripped out onto the cowl.
20170503_185606.jpg

My advice would be, Don't use a plastic cup with this paint!!!!

Fortunately I had some purple left over. A little clean up with alcohol and gentle sanding removed the red. Alas, the Purple too. I masked off the spot, reshot it and blended it in as best I could.
14938604436851948045786.jpg

So there is the latest installment into the never ending and on going Jtec Pitts saga.

Will try again tomorrow for clear. Providing someone will "P-a-l-eeeease" find the witch doctor that is over using his voodoo.