• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport JTEC RADIOWAVE 26% Pitts Model 12

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Holy smokes bro. Murphy's Law at work here.

Makes me glad that the Robinhood doesn't have a cowl.:D
Well it's just kind of how my luck goes it seems. After the cowl was painted, I felt very uneasy. It was too perfect. Something was bound to happen.
Yeah...no cowl. I like that. Can't screw something up if ya ain't got it, right. Oiy.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Some projects are just like that sometimes. That's why I have a rule in my shop that I don't work on Dodge Vipers. That last one I worked on ended up being such a giant headache I will never touch another one. :ugh!:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob, it may have been the thinner that melted the cup.
Pretty sure you are correct. So not so much the paint. Just the thinner. No, wait a minute...its ME and the Pitts.
hearty-laugh.gif

Bipeguy03

150cc
I learned that lesson awhile back. When putting Nitrate on a rubber free flight I built, I poured some in a small plastic cup like you did. I sat it down on the bench, walked over to get the thinner and when I turned back around I had a large growing blob of Nitrate oozing out from the cup and beginning to drip off the side of the bench like some macabre murder scene. Lol

So, in the future if you need a good cheap disposable mixing cup, or one to shoot some paint out of a can in so you can brush it, get the CLEAR Solo cups. I've left acetone in them things for days.

I don't know what kind of plastic them things are made out of but I'm positive they could be used to transport uranium! :)

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I learned that lesson awhile back. When putting Nitrate on a rubber free flight I built, I poured some in a small plastic cup like you did. I sat it down on the bench, walked over to get the thinner and when I turned back around I had a large growing blob of Nitrate oozing out from the cup and beginning to drip off the side of the bench like some macabre murder scene. Lol

So, in the future if you need a good cheap disposable mixing cup, or one to shoot some paint out of a can in so you can brush it, get the CLEAR Solo cups. I've left acetone in them things for days.

I don't know what kind of plastic them things are made out of but I'm positive they could be used to transport uranium! :)
Too funny...informative though. Hee hee

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
And while were waiting to shoot the final coat of clear, let's check the mail. Oh sweetness. Rx. packs. YES!! The moment we've all been patiently and frustratingly waiting for is rapidly approaching.
20170504_193616.jpg

You guys are the patient ones. Me? Yeah... I'm the frustrated one.
impatient-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
And the final coat is on. Yes... I am most definitely smiling. The witch doctor got a swift boot in the ass and I tossed his voodoo dolls in the fires.

20170504_195453.jpg
20170504_195705.jpg
20170504_200001.jpg

Tomorrow I will mount the cowl and stripe it. Place the rx. packs and balance. Hopefully I will get an all together photo shoot tomorrow also.

If the weather this weekend is as nice as today, (sunny, no clouds nor wind so to speak of, and 87 degrees), I feel the long awaited maiden is on tap.