• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
And... this is what happens when you grab the wrong grit sanding bar and got a little aggressive hurrying, sanded right down to the dyed resin used to bag the wing, thank goodness I used rit dye or i might of sanded right to the foam core, stupid error,

Repaired w/ acp 1/2oz cloth and west systems resin. Only sets me back oh, say 3-5 hours now to sand and fill and sand and balance the halves... again. Ay me.

14044=7932-20140901_190143.jpg
14044=7932-20140901_190143.jpg
14044=7933-20140901_190155.jpg
14044=7933-20140901_190155.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

Sanding ...sanding ...sanding... boring but satisfying. Everything down to 400 grit. So smooth with the aqua net treatment im passing on 600.

IMAC FANATIC

Here's a pic you dont expect to see in a build log, lol actually laying on an ice pack today from sanding late into the night for the last oh, 8 days. Dedication , insanity or just plain out of shape ? ... a little of all three im afraid.

15535=9158-20140906_134810.jpg
15535=9158-20140906_134810.jpg

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Too funny! There was a thread somewhere about tools and materials required for a build, looks like you have something to add.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Brian, I cant wait to see it covered.

As someone that sands on a daily basis for a living, I feel your pain.

My knees are killing me right now, can I borrow that Icy Hot? I spent all afternoon at the field putting my first flights on a helicopter in 29 years. I think my thumbs are still shaking.

IMAC FANATIC

Sure thing.. icy hot enroute.. quite a life saver.

Put up a pic of the heli.. scale model or 3d ? I dig em , especially scale but cant quite understand the controls well enough to fly more than a trainer.

Bad shoulder also great excuse to lay around n watch college football all day!

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC;15617 wrote: Sure thing.. icy hot enroute.. quite a life saver.

Put up a pic of the heli.. scale model or 3d ? I dig em , especially scale but cant quite understand the controls well enough to fly more than a trainer.

Bad shoulder also great excuse to lay around n watch college football all day!

It's an Align T-Rex 550 V1 I bought used. It was supposed to be a budget project, but being my first big electric the charger setup and batteries blew the budget way out of the water!

Her it is in my crowded messy workshop.

attachment.php

15627=9815-T-Rex 550.jpg
15627=9815-T-Rex 550.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

Wow, that's a big one' I dig it. Way too skeered to fly one, even in a sim im all thumbs. Nice project!

Hows it compare to helis from 29 yrs ago.. thats quite a break from flying one.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC;15679 wrote: Wow, that's a big one' I dig it. Way too skeered to fly one, even in a sim im all thumbs. Nice project!

Hows it compare to helis from 29 yrs ago.. thats quite a break from flying one.

My 550 has a longer than stock rotor blade and is about 49" in rotor span. So it's plenty big enough to scare the crap out of me! I put in an absolutely ludicrous amount of sim time in to get ready for flying it.

29 years ago I had a Schluter Mini Boy with an OS .45, mechanical collective and no gyro. The T-Rex 550e with a Spektrum AR7200bx flybarless controller is light years ahead of that. It's incredibly stable. Honestly I was shocked by how stable it is.

It's like comparing your Carf Extra to a trainer with a warped wing.:joyous: