• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
They look great Matt!

Is that Nason Ful-Thane? Did you prime or seal the covered parts?

Yes, Nason Ful-Thane 2K.

Nope, just blew off with high pressure air, tacked, and shot. Two Coates. Went on well.

Last time I did this was on a customers 1/3 scale piper cub, and shot it with Centari... Apparently it's tough and very expensive to get these days.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I think this is what your building appologize of its not. Sweet looking planes. Nice job on the build took a while to read through lol

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
One thing I wanted to do with this was to make the canopy open like full scale. Several of you saw the work that pistolera did on his krill. I spoke with him lat week and really like the fact that I caneasily remove the canopy. The only difference is in the full scale it was hinged internally, which made it difficult to setup the way I wanted.

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Thanks... Borrowed a great idea for the hinges! I just have to shape them a bit and it's ready for paint.

With the challenger and th eagle, it is important to be able to get the canopy off, as there are no other hatches, it's the only way to get to the equipment.

So with this setup, I can open the hatch, slide it forward and it comes right off. I see this being used on my future planes.