• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale MattyMatt's Exclusiv Modellbau 50% Challenger II

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Yes, MIG'ed. It's 3/8 .035 mild steel tubing.

Look farther back in the thread, and you'll see it go together.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yesterday, I prepoed and painted the motor mount. As you can see, between the engine and the steel mount, I made Delrin bushings, and also between the mount pads and the firewall. I can change the thrust and position of the engine just by changing the thickness of the bushing thickness.

Also, I am using silicon tubing as a bushing between the exhaust and the collector Y.

I'll final asseble the mount/engine, and get it ready for the test stand.

View attachment 14192 View attachment 14193 View attachment 14194 View attachment 14195
That is just so cool!

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
The covering came in from Balsa USA.... Sooooo..... Back to covering wings!

Next is the bottom right wing.

I already went through and wired the wings and installed the XBus PC-4 PWM harness. The great thing is that I will have one deans and one signal connector on the bottom wings. This will power the two bottom servos and the two top servos per wing halfs. I have molex connectors (like ashloc), 6 pin connectors with the wire running through the interplanetary strut. This way all the wiring is hidden.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 282
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 353
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 304

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
Worked like a mad man today. Finished the bottom right wing, and covered, stitched, and got about 75% of the pinking done on the top two wings.

I didn't calculate the pinking and ran short.

image.jpg

MattyMatt

70cc twin V2
I ordered them about a week ago in Black and ordered a Red fuse bag for my Futura. They look like great quality... we'll see when they get here.