• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D MOJO 65 w/20cc Build

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for sharing the build!!! Glad to hear it flies nice! It's funny you talk about forcing the plane into maneuvers, I was just there with my laser, moved the CG back a bit and it solved that issue, much more tail authority for 3D. Just a thought.
I feel you at least need a picture of this beauty on the field to show us. :big-grin:

Alky6

150cc
Thanks for sharing the build!!! Glad to hear it flies nice! It's funny you talk about forcing the plane into maneuvers, I was just there with my laser, moved the CG back a bit and it solved that issue, much more tail authority for 3D. Just a thought.
I feel you at least need a picture of this beauty on the field to show us. :big-grin:
Thanks! The right now the cg is hands off inverted flying. I put a longer arm on the servo and went from 44 deg deflection on the elevator to 55. Hopefully going to get to fly at lunch today. Will be interested to see the results. Maybe get you that gratuituos photo, ;) LOL.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Every surface on mine is maxed as far as I can take them. The rudder is almost hitting the elevator and any more on the elevator would break wood. It flies great like this! Sucker is wild too. It is a total blast to fly and amazing how this plane will calm right down and be docile when you need it.

Alky6

150cc
Rudder is maxed, elevator is maxed out now too. Can't go any more down without significant geometry changes as the pushrod hits the top of the stab.

Lunchtime fun: The extra travel helped. Easier to get into a knife edge spin. Engine breaking in more is also helping considerably! Probably more than the extra travel. This thing is a ton of fun to fly! Everything happens so much slower than what I am used to that I have an opportunity to play with the sticks and see what happens. Really a blast to fly!!

IMG_4279.JPG