• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

My New 3D Extra 300 Prototype For Fly-Model

AKfreak

150cc
The factory says with every single prototype they have build not once did they make a cowl until the design was proven.. Molds to make cowls are expensive.. I just have never flown a plane without one, but I have seens many that have..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I have saw protype fro. Redwing and they have cowl wonder why your factory does it.. different.. I just can't see how you can get a true fell for it if it doesn't have a cowl... would do what kelly said make one some how...

Very interesting project. Just read AJ Laser thread, and now another project from scratch. When we will see some assembly pictures?

AKfreak

150cc
I am collecting parts to do the build. Stuff happens slow sometimes. I wont really be doing a build thread on this, Ill offer a few pics here and there. This thread is more a record of what happens in this project.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Hey Tom if you are planning to test this in the next month or so I am willing to offer up my dle 35 for a month or so.

AKfreak

150cc
Thanks Nate.. I will take you up on your offer. I want to test as many different motors. I have a Hacker A-60 8S motor and ESC. I also have 2 Savox Brushless serovs for Ailerons or elevator. Now I need 3 more servos, and a powersafe RX. It's getting closer... =)