• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need your help fellows - fighting elevator on final

Thanks, Pistolera. I'll check the down-line (no throttle) and see what she does, I'll admit, I have not tried that. I have a laundry list of items to check the next time I go out.

sc

This is where having the trim chart or app comes in. You only want to change one thing at a time so you know what is making the changes and they can interact with each other. Good news is, lots of practice landings.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
This is where having the trim chart or app comes in. You only want to change one thing at a time so you know what is making the changes and they can interact with each other. Good news is, lots of practice landings.

Agree 100%, I had this discussion with a gentlemen that was having trouble sorting out a Bipe trimming and coupling. Basically every action has an equal opposite reaction is always to rule so you have to decide what is more important to fix without causing more issues and then mix out the rest in the TX.

If a Monkey can do it anyone can;)

Yep, still true, no such thing as a free lunch. Even the mixing won't work the same for every speed/attitude/orientation/situation.... I have heard of some IMAC guys not trimming for straight and level cause the plane is never in that flight condition. Sometimes the best solution is burn LOTS of gas so you get comfortable with the plane and what it does.

Sad thing is, I don't think I have ever made it all the way through the trimming chart :bigyawn:

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
Try changing the prop. My brothers edge was overpowered thus having a large prop for the airframe and my theory was that it was blocking/ creating false lift on the elevator. Usually a 3 blade will stop that but it depends on the shape of your cowl. Yaks seem to be unaffected because of the massive cowl, but edges and extras are more likely.

Try changing the prop. My brothers edge was overpowered thus having a large prop for the airframe and my theory was that it was blocking/ creating false lift on the elevator. Usually a 3 blade will stop that but it depends on the shape of your cowl. Yaks seem to be unaffected because of the massive cowl, but edges and extras are more likely.

Hello,

Would that create a nose down condition?

Judge

70cc twin V2
I've got to ask, but how low is your idle? I have had planes that needed to have a very low idle before they would settle nicely onto the runway. I generally try to get a reliable idle that is low enough that the plane will barely taxi without increasing power.