• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
A piece of KS brass tube makes a great axle captured between two pieces of plywood.

For the mold, it is already waxed. I use PVA for release film but there are easier products to use. I understand Loctite 700-NC works great, 700-NC . I plan to purchase this product next. Cut a piece of glass cloth and wet it out in the mold with epoxy, dab up any pooling resins with a paper towel. Cut the glass a little larger than needed. Allow to cure and pull the part out. Start over. I have found that one layer of 6 ounce cloth is not sufficient, for the parts on the Cherokee, I used a layer of 4 ounce followed by a layer of 6 ounce. I wet the four ounce out and let a partially cure then put the 6 ounce layer on while the 4 ounce was still tacky.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I like the nylon bolts too. Curious to see how the pull-pull system geometry does. Hopefully the wires remain taught. Otherwise, you may consider a little cable retainer so it doesn't de-rail. Your setup is going to look great! Fingers crossed mr. ackermann doesn't have to provide engineering here.

We were correct, the geometry doesn't work. At least initially. Over tightens in one direction and loosens in the other. I thought there was an issue with this setup but couldn't remember. Math isn't my strong suit.

At a minimum the pull pull cables should probably be the same length.

16773350774851132061118.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I think I might need to build a custom servo arm. Still thinking. My 84 year old uncle started aeronautical engineering before and worked on the Saturn V design then went onto stealth bombers, passenger planes and other areas he can't talk about. Good excuse to call him today, he got me into rc to begin with.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Offset servo idea by the step. A piece of G10 makes an excellent custom servo arm. No idea if this will work.

20230225_134251.jpg
20230225_135610.jpg
20230225_141516.jpg

There's the 1" +/- difference.
20230225_141537.jpg