• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
If the side pieces were removed it would make covering around the door opening much easier. I find attaching the fabric a little messy so what I look for is nothing of value in vicinity.
Plus, you've done all the wonderful work, it would be shame to get overspray all over it.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tony, some of your comments have been a concern of mine for awhile, just no prior experience to base my build steps process on. The Poly Lite fabric will have to be cut around the windows as they are permanently installed.

17103741472337136568592444468608.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
Maybe start covering the wing and the tail parts to get the hang of it, then you can judge how to work around the cabin area. Around the door, you will need to attach the fabric, shrink it, coat of Poly Brush, then a finish tape attached with Poly Brush. My thoughts what ever can be removed will be gone once the covering begins. On areas like the door I would wrap the fabric at least 180 degrees, last thing you want is the fabric pulling loose after the paint work is complete.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I made a router setup to resolve the recessed window issue. The Dremel base became sacrificial perhaps as I CA glued the G10 plate on.

1710696937618328826978.jpg