Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by dhal22, Feb 9, 2018.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Contact cement did not work so trying wood glue.

20210711_132512.jpg

2. dhal22

Waiting on glue to dry so going to jump on aileron arms. Short of someone cutting these via cnc I am thinking G10.
    My scroll saw, band saw doesn't have the abilities.

20210711_134427.jpg

20210711_134434.jpg

Stevendavis and pawnshopmike like this.
  3. dhal22

A couple more photos.

20210711_141923.jpg

G10 wears out a blade in seconds so used a 2x4 to get more out of the blade.

20210711_141953.jpg

pawnshopmike likes this.
  4. dhal22

5. dhal22 likes this.
  6. dhal22

Thanks Tony, I might try that after I try finishing resin epoxy. Wood glue did not work either.

7. Spent yesterday helping a friend setup a PowerBox SRS Mercury in a 42% Slick Lite he had bought. Came with four Spectrum satalites of course he had a Futaba transmitter. Took the better part of the day getting the transmitters hooked up and going through the settings of the Mercury. Looks to be a quality product. Amazing how much of the Futaba programming I had forgot since switching the FrSky. Much rather build a plane on my computer with Companion.

-Rick- likes this.
  8. dhal22

The Powerbox Core transmitter is amazing. No need for it but if/when I upgrade my 14SG it will be the Core radio.

9. dhal22

Stained floor test. A little too dark for me, I'll buy something lighter this week.

stain test.jpg

WMcNabb and -Rick- like this.