• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

SnowDog

Hi All

Found you after listening to ATTF. Not totally a 3D flyer, have done some funfly comps and Pattern.

Andy

You are welcome here regardless of your ability to fly 3D...we're mostly about having fun and "trying" to do 3D (at least for some of us) ;)

Stevo

30cc
Steve S here. Just an old Dog trying to learn 3d tricks!!!!!!

That's definitely me!!! And welcome to the forum!!

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Steve S here. Just an old Dog trying to learn 3d tricks!!!!!!

Welcome Steve, glad to have you aboard...and you are in good company...many of us are still learning 3D...and thankfully there are some really good 3D pilots on this site who are willing to help us learn!

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
New to this forum, but I'm on many others in the R/C hobby. Heard about 3D rc forums from an ATTF episode.

I grew up in the hobby, soloed when I was 12 or 13. All nitro experience. Got my first 3D capable plane around 14 or 15 when Dad scratch built 2 Sirex Wasp planes (.40 sized nitro profile fun fly plane whose plans were free on the internet for a while). Got to where I could hover this plane with plenty of altitude for mistakes and perform harrier landings. I still have and fly the plane going on 10-12 years later. I bought a used UMX 300 3D about a year ago and have a complete blast with it. My favorite thing to do is harrier it around the trees in my yard like a slalom course. Airframe is beat up, but harriers and hovers are fun. Hoping to move up to rolling circles, rolling harriers, and inverted harriers at some point. But my flying time is limited now due to my wife and I having our first child who just turned 5 months old. Looking forward to hearing tips and tricks from fellow pilots.

I do have RF G5.5 and can do a lot more on it since I don't have the pucker factor. Unfortunately I don't get on it as often as I used to as well.

gyro

GSN Contributor
New to this forum, but I'm on many others in the R/C hobby. Heard about 3D rc forums from an ATTF episode.

I grew up in the hobby, soloed when I was 12 or 13. All nitro experience. Got my first 3D capable plane around 14 or 15 when Dad scratch built 2 Sirex Wasp planes (.40 sized nitro profile fun fly plane whose plans were free on the internet for a while). Got to where I could hover this plane with plenty of altitude for mistakes and perform harrier landings. I still have and fly the plane going on 10-12 years later. I bought a used UMX 300 3D about a year ago and have a complete blast with it. My favorite thing to do is harrier it around the trees in my yard like a slalom course. Airframe is beat up, but harriers and hovers are fun. Hoping to move up to rolling circles, rolling harriers, and inverted harriers at some point. But my flying time is limited now due to my wife and I having our first child who just turned 5 months old. Looking forward to hearing tips and tricks from fellow pilots.

I do have RF G5.5 and can do a lot more on it since I don't have the pucker factor. Unfortunately I don't get on it as often as I used to as well.

Welcome to the site! There are quite a few guys who fly RF on here in multiplayer mode, you might consider downloading the later beta version 6.5, and doing some flying with them. I know many have improved their skills that way, and I'm following suit (getting RF) shortly. Again, glad to have you here :)