• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

rcdude07

70cc twin V2
Welcome to the site! There are quite a few guys who fly RF on here in multiplayer mode, you might consider downloading the later beta version 6.5, and doing some flying with them. I know many have improved their skills that way, and I'm following suit (getting RF) shortly. Again, glad to have you here :)

Thanks. I taught myself helis with RF. I'm still running RF G5.5, and the computer I have it running on barely handles it. So upgrading to 6 isn't in my plans yet. Maybe in a few years when I'm teaching my son to fly an up-to-date computer and latest RF version will be on the purchasing list.

Draven

New to GSN!
Hey everyone. You might remember me from rcgroups. I'm looking forward to contribute and have fun on this forum!

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Hi, my name is Alexander. I am eleven, and I have an Extreme filght 48" Extra 300, a Winner's Model 48" Extra 330, and an epp yak. I also have a dx6i transmitter. I am taking some pictures of my plane so I can try to win a vyper bype.

Welcome to the forum Alexander, sounds like you have some fun planes already. Don't be shy with this group, ask and share away.

njswede

150cc
Glad to see you here Alexander.... It's very cool how many young people we are getting here....

SteveT

I was thinking the same. In another forum, a (presumably old) guy was complaining that foamies had "killed" the hobby and things were so much better when you had to cut your own tree down and chop it up into balsa sticks. I wanted to reply that something has to be dead to have been killed and that the hobby is far from dead. The only problem is that the youngsters are so much better and learn so much faster than us "old" guys. There's a guy (probably 14-15 yo) in my club who started flying an Avistar a few weeks ago. He was doing great, but was clearly a beginner. Yesterday I saw him again. This time with a low wing sport plane and he was doing inverted figure 8s maintaining perfect altitude. After a few weeks of flying!

We're all happy to help you kids, but I'm afraid you'll be the ones helping us soon!