• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

OMP Extra 300 v2 50cc

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I hope so, FLI starts in 16 days!!!!

Gary don't know about San Antonio but we have been having high winds plus some heavy rain mixed in for some time and certainly more than one would want to maiden a plane. I have not even flown my 87" once this year myself. The best we can do is the half hour before work we get our 60" and 71" planes in the air at the crack of dawn and even then it has been 15 mph but we can't fly gas at work.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Gary don't know about San Antonio but we have been having high winds plus some heavy rain mixed in for some time and certainly more than one would want to maiden a plane. I have not even flown my 87" once this year myself. The best we can do is the half hour before work we get our 60" and 71" planes in the air at the crack of dawn and even then it has been 15 mph but we can't fly gas at work.

The weather here has been crappy too. I get two "fly days" at the field per month, (one day every other weekend) and can sneak out for some lunchtime flights about once a week... So I feel your pain. I've got about 1 hour of total flight time in the last 3 weeks. :(

garlandk

100cc
Reason why I am making a night plane is to prepare for the summer here in AZ. I hear where I live it is too hot to be outside at night!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Reason why I am making a night plane is to prepare for the summer here in AZ. I hear where I live it is too hot to be outside at night!

I know how that goes... When I was in Iraq I volunteered for nights so I could sleep during the day when it was hottest.

We got some cool pics of the newest OMP offerings on display in Toldeo, should have them posted soon :)

SnowDog

The weather here has been crappy too. I get two "fly days" at the field per month, (one day every other weekend) and can sneak out for some lunchtime flights about once a week... So I feel your pain. I've got about 1 hour of total flight time in the last 3 weeks. :(

Welcome to my winter. :(

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Three 12 minute flights a couple of weeks ago........lol. I have been flying my 71" Slick in the mornings before work quite a bit; last week was able to fly 3 packs every morning....nice.

The Extra and the EME-60 is a good combination.........plenty of power and the engine is running and breaking in nicely. Sips fuel and it looks like I'm only using 350mAh per 12 minute flight. I'll be able to get 10 flight in before I'll need to recharge the A123's.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Three 12 minute flights a couple of weeks ago........lol. I have been flying my 71" Slick in the mornings before work quite a bit; last week was able to fly 3 packs every morning....nice.

The Extra and the EME-60 is a good combination.........plenty of power and the engine is running and breaking in nicely. Sips fuel and it looks like I'm only using 350mAh per 12 minute flight. I'll be able to get 10 flight in before I'll need to recharge the A123's.

We should try and coordinate a fly day for all of us. Maybe we can all meet in Austin for a day?