• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC PAU Extra Build 105" assembly

Rusty 73

100cc
Here is some more photos of the more extensive baffling i did for the 120 .
I was looking at the Red Bull Race aircraft and the engines they use are completely baffled over the top of the engine.
The air come in from the side cowl inlet and is force over the top of the engine and out through the fins focing air to cool the fins .
So i decided to put a vertical baffle above the engine firewall to prevent the air from going passed the heads.

l also extended baffle on each side of the fire wall down and allow enough room on the side for the air to escape out the bottom
of the cowl and down through the pipe tunnel . I'm concerned about allowing the air to flowonly out the bottom of the fuselage .
I am even taking step to sheet in all the lighting hole on the plywood floor of the fuselage so the air only exits out over the pipes and not into the fueslage
were i can increase the heat around the receiver .
Enough talking here's the pic's

IMG_2667.JPG

IMG_2668.JPG

IMG_2665.jpg

the front of the cowl giving everyone an idea of how i changing the air flow pattern .:big-grin:
this first photo you can the baffle on top of the firewall will use high temp silcon to seal the gap between the baffle and the top of the cowl to maximize the seal .;)

IMG_2673.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

Last edited:

Rusty 73

100cc
I was planning on using this nice secraft mount for my throttle servo but found out that the servo bolt holes don't align up .

I found an extra plywood servo box that was included with my 3DHS so i will use this instead .:happy:

IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2703.jpg

Rusty 73

100cc
So I'Ve BEEN BUSY getting the pipes into their final mounting position .
Not much carbon on this piston
IMG_2713.JPG

This is the left header and pipe installed , used boiling water to soften the teflon adapter before sliding it onto the the pipe .
It slipped onto the header alot easier

IMG_2707.jpg

Found getting those 6-32 bolts and nuts into the front bracket a little bit of a hard the rear one i should have turn around so i could access the nuts from the rear openings of the pipes . OOoop my mistake :eek:

Used RTV high temp silicon to lay a thin base onto the header then placed the aligned new gasket and pressed together only dried twenty minutes before
i assemblyed the header to the pipe. :attaboy:
IMG_2708.JPG

The plywood mount fastened to the DA .

IMG_2714.jpg

You can see the gasket on the header already to assembly

IMG_2715.JPG

The ignition will go onto the removable hatch in the firewall area .
Can't find any info on which plug go to which cylinder ?

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2718.jpg

Just a reference picture i had to remove the front plate where the diaphragm is and replace it with a DA
updated diaphragm plate .It has four holes , two on top and two on the bottom to allow better atmosphere pressure againist which should improve metering of the float bowl . It's a works add-on part avaiable from DA parts store ..:sneaky:

IMG_2721.jpg

Now that looks nicer and better metering performance too.

IMG_2727.jpg

IMG_2727.jpg
IMG_2728.jpg

Has anyone looked carefully at the reed block ? It looks like the reed in my block don't make a complete seal against the housing .
You can see that in the middle , it doesn't seat flush . Has anyone else noticed this in their DA 120 , it seems odd.:oblong:

IMG_2725.jpg

So this is my update on where i'm in the final assembly process, it's been fun and education .

Thanks for following Rusty

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
You did a nice job of baffling around the engine. That always takes time and patience to do it nicely. Good job next is to fly it good luck.

Rusty 73

100cc
You did a nice job of baffling around the engine. That always takes time and patience to do it nicely. Good job next is to fly it good luck.

Thanks Snoopy1 getting the template close and then cutting and sanding the baffles to get a proper fit is time consuming .

Rusty 73

100cc
Great video, love how low he can Huck that Extra PAU around .
The Pilot looks like Gabriel Altuz from Puerto Rico from team PAU, man can he fly ..:fist_pump: