• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU Owners Thread

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I have, there is nothing wrong with the springs but I normally use fishing swivels and a little different spring. I've used springs from McMasers or Ace Hardware simply because the black spring is really hard and I don't like bending ends on the supplied wires.

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
I ALWAYS use the stock PAU tailwheel and I have never had a problem. I don't use any springs at all, I just let em freewheel, but we usually do not get winds over 10 mph during the majority of our flying season.

Astro

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
I'm thinking of two worlds right now......I'll give you a hint........one of those words is Suck!!!:oblong:

:)
Well, you WROTE two WORLD'S, so I can only think of MY world in which we enjoy a nice breeze off the water, or YOUR world in which you endure dry, dusty, gale force winds directly from hell!

BUT I THINK you MEANT to write, "two WORDS", in which case I have a feeling you were telling me to SUCK IT!!! :big-grin::big-grin:

LOL

Astro

witchfingers

70cc twin V2
We only have 2 seasons here. Winter and ....eh.....milder winter. We use 4 0z fuel tanks in or 35 percenters because really, your fingers are frozen after 3 ounces of flying.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
We only have 2 seasons here. Winter and ....eh.....milder winter. We use 4 0z fuel tanks in or 35 percenters because really, your fingers are frozen after 3 ounces of flying.

Sometimes it feels like that, but we are definitely having a warm one here so far. Wich you could have made it to cornhuck, put it on your schedule for next year for sure!!

Bipeguy03

150cc
Is anyone running the stock tailwheel with the supplied springs on the edge?

I use the tail wheel that came with the planes but I always change the springs. 90% of the time I fly off of pavement, and you need to have good positive control or you'll go for a ride ;) , I generally get them from Ace.

I get smaller REALLY stiff springs with hooks already bent on the ends, then use some rudder pull-pull cable and a crimp to attach the spring to the control arm. With some needle nose you can get the hook on the spring around the tiller arm on the tail wheel.

Also, DON'T run the springs to the trailing edge of the rudder, attach them on or near the hinge line. Had a buddy with the 40% Edge run really stiff springs to the trailing edge of the rudder and it had the rudder in a major bind. Twice it caused the rigging on an SWB adjusting rudder tray to come off in flight.