• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Pilot 35% Extra 260 Half Build

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Got some batts in today thanks to Fromeco! Relions 7.4 2600's :)

unnamed.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Here are some pics of the Savox servos making their way into the ailerons!

photo 3-2.JPG
photo 2-4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

I usually put a dab of CA since this is NOT a new servo hole. They went in nice and tight!

photo 4.JPG
photo 1-4.JPG

Coming along nicely!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401718158.682639.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401718174.018286.jpg

Got some work done on the Extra this week end.

Programmed the smartfly eq6 which was super easy. Smart fly has done a great job with the user interface.

Made my power wires and protected them. Used the spiral plastic on some additional areas like the elevator servo wires. Mounted my ignition and routed the spark plug wires through the motor mount. Mounted the Biela prop. I will have more pics later.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Here are some more pics of my progress!

photo 4 (6).JPG

Mounted ignition in the motor box.

photo 2 (8).JPG

photo 1 (10).JPG

I will be getting some rubber grommets for the newly drilled out holes for spark plug wires.