• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Pilot RC 122" Extra 330SC

Joe Hunt

150cc
Hey Joe.
Glad to see you're back. The last video I recall seeing of yours was one where you were 3D ing
In what appeared to be a vineyard. That was ages ago...

HI PHIL! Like 8 years ago, yeah. haha That vineyard is in NorCal, I'm in SoCal now. I'll get back up there for another video, though. :)

3DGroove

New to GSN!
I built that plane and I've built a couple other Yaks. They weight right around 27-30lbs depending on options.
Hey Spats,
Thanks for posting pictures. I am interested for now in the Pilot Extra330sc 100cc size and was wondering if i put Cans instead of stock mufflers it would take away from the 3d floatiness etc... Thanks for your time.

Spats

100cc
Hey Spats,
Thanks for posting pictures. I am interested for now in the Pilot Extra330sc 100cc size and was wondering if i put Cans instead of stock mufflers it would take away from the 3d floatiness etc... Thanks for your time.

We fly most of our Pilot planes with cans and notice no difference. Pilot is one of the most floaty slow planes I think. Where they lack is the high energy stuff which is why most kids don't fly them. The wings are very thick so they don't do riffle rollers. I had an extreme flight 104 and it required way more throttle to do slow harriers compared to the Pilot plane. FYI the Extra 100cc and 40% are my favorite planes.

Hope this helps, Spats