• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Redwing RC 30cc (76") Extra 330sc

gyro

GSN Contributor
Have you flown your extra any more since the upthrust mod?? I'm curious of your results as I'm following a thread on rcgroups that talks about it as well.

Did you confirm that your plane did not have upthrust installed? Tim thought it was only an issue with <#100, however I checked mine and it appears to have zero upthrust. I have #106 and I beleive you have #105.

Thanks!

View attachment 30014View attachment 30015

I could definitely tell the difference in straight line tracking after the modification. no more searching for trim with power changes. a pleasant improvement.

Gyro - have you flown this plane much? Just wondering how it flies precision aerobatics and 3D.

I wouldn't say, "much" but rather "enough" to be familiar with it. It flies differently than the 50cc version, which I prefer over this one. It is capable of all types of flying, 3D, PA, XA, etc... depending on how you setup and balance it. My suggestion for precision would plane with a long tail moment, and this plane has a shorter tail moment. Maybe the 30cc Redwing Slick might fit your desires a little better?

bonez

New to GSN!
I know its an old thread, but hoping someone can answer the question..I just finished building the extra 330 30cc V2 and looking to see if I need to add washers for the thrust. I see number 100 all over the plane and box is that the serial number? if so I need to add washer correct? thanks

TimP

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
we have it. not sure if in stock right now but we try to carry about 2 to 3 of every color at all times. If not we'll have it in a few weeks if you order

Wildvortex

New to GSN!
Ok, now I am confused I see that it says that planes less than 100 need the mod and someone saying to the owner of 100 they don't need to do the mod but gyro was telling qspilotcmh that he should do the mod. Well, I bought that plane #106 unbuilt and ready to install a DA-35. So should I or shouldn't I add spacers?

Wildvortex

New to GSN!
@gyro, I have a question on your redwing extra. In the build you mentioned you had to add "up" thrust by adding washers to the engine and cowl to match. I am looking at my cowl and how it bolts on that only way that would work to change cowl position is the top bolts. Therefore you actually have it Down thrust. Am I correct in this?

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
@gyro, I have a question on your redwing extra. In the build you mentioned you had to add "up" thrust by adding washers to the engine and cowl to match. I am looking at my cowl and how it bolts on that only way that would work to change cowl position is the top bolts. Therefore you actually have it Down thrust. Am I correct in this?

This is a five year old post and I don't think he frequents here anymore. Also Redwing went under then got sold and is now running again under different ownership. Guessing the planes that are pre serial# 100 are subject to requiring some up thrust? Not sure buddy. Personally I would build it as is and adjust later if you have to. Good Luck