• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Registration of UAS

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I find it rather hilarious that the UAS registration begins today and the FAA website isn't working. Probably the same sub-contractor that built Obamacare.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Website works for me, the site says online registration should come online sometime today. Of course it isn't and I hope it doesn't.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So my local in at the Feds office said that he'd hold off on registering as well until the website gets a little more fine tuned, and if any modifications are made to the ruling prior to January 20th. I'll try and get more info out of him as it allows. Anyways that's my 2 cent update

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
Contrary to what AMA said, I went ahead and registered today. Got my 10 digit FAA number. Then went to B and E Graphics and ordered my numbers in 3/4 x 5" size that would fit along the trailing edge of the aileron on my gas planes. For the electric and smaller nitro planes I will whip up some numbers on my label maker and stick them in an accessible but inconspicuous place.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Yup. I dont this the Feds will go back on their new regulation... Never seen that happen! Adjust it yes, but I'm pretty sure it's not going away.

wfahey415

3DRCF Moderator
I figure if the AMA is successful in getting the FAA to go with the AMA numbers (if that is their intent) then I am already in compliance. If they lose that argument, then no harm, no foul. I have my certificate and the new numbers on my planes. Unlike a lot of people on the "other" forum, I am just not into the stress and drama. I get enough of that in my work life, these (not so) little airplanes are my diversion from the BS I put up with Monday - Friday. I just want to fly my planes and hang out with my buds at the field.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
So true. Like I said, It not going to go away... I know that my name is searchable as a licensed aircraft mechanic on the FAA database... Hasn't affected me yet! So I'm not too worried about it, but I don't agree with the whole ruling for the record.