• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Something is wrong

JacquiiDesigns

Staff member
I really like the new layout. Looks much more professional.
Thanks for the feedback. The look is a bit different. Updated/upgraded is what I call it.
But mostly - the same functionality that existed on the previous design is intact on this newer design.

Just want a button on the top banner for the mobile page (android in my case) that I can click for new posts. It's cumbersome to go through several pages or scroll to the side to get to that
There's really no need for a mobile design. As I posted earlier, Xenforo is completely responsive to various devices. This newer design actually has what's called an "off canvas" menu. You should be able to access all parts of the forum at the click of a button. Perhaps one or two clicks. But navigation is made quite a bit easier. See the screencap:

gsn-animated.gif

You should see something very similar no matter what device you are using.
I hope this clears up a bit of the confusion.

J.

sweetpea

100cc
Mine has been switching back and forth from the new to old version. Right now its on the old version (using android). Either version requires at least 2 clicks to get to the New Posts link. also the site loads and then resets its sizing so at times as I'm clicking on things it is in the process of resizing and my click is now on a different box. Just not overall user friendly in that regard (been that way for a long time).

I'd still prefer a button at the top on the main page (that says new posts). additional to the one on the side with the scrolling posts.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Hey fellas. I'm Jacquii and I designed the new layout. IMO - the new layout is cleaner and much more professional looking than the old style. Speaking of which - It may be like a bit of 'culture' shock to see the new version. This is understood. But if you guys can please be specific with your critique - Paul and I will create something that the majority can appreciate.

That being said ==> Xenforo software is designed to be responsive on all devices. There *shouldn't* be much difference between the PC layout and the mobile design. The only difference is that when you view on your various devices - the layout changes slightly to accommodate your devices.

At anyrate - I'm happy to entertain all suggestions. Again, please be specific and we'll get it done.

Thanks for the feedback!

J.
All I know is that everything looked and worked perfect a week ago. Please don't fix what ain't broke.:way_to_go:

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Hey fellas. I'm Jacquii and I designed the new layout. IMO - the new layout is cleaner and much more professional looking than the old style. Speaking of which - It may be like a bit of 'culture' shock to see the new version. This is understood. But if you guys can please be specific with your critique - Paul and I will create something that the majority can appreciate.

That being said ==> Xenforo software is designed to be responsive on all devices. There *shouldn't* be much difference between the PC layout and the mobile design. The only difference is that when you view on your various devices - the layout changes slightly to accommodate your devices.

At anyrate - I'm happy to entertain all suggestions. Again, please be specific and we'll get it done.

Thanks for the feedback!

J.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about scrolling up and down the new layout was giving me headaches and I thought I was going to have epileptic seizures. Visual issues and background junk. It appears as if it ratchets/jumps when scrolling, the old and perfect layout that @Bartman did, didn't appear that way.

Like we say in the mechanical world...................if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Bart's layout wasn't broke!!!

As long as one of the layout options we can select is Bart's layout, I'd be happy. If not, I and I'm sure others will be outty here!

So that being said......you got visual issues and too much background garbage loading. Get rid of the hovering drop down menus.

Get rid of those stupid google ads, they are annoying and not related to this hobby, not a problem for me tho, I run blockers on my PC's and root my mobile devices and add blockers on them also. I understand ads is how Paul makes his money, but if they are not hobby related, we don't want to see them.

ps. The majority loved the old layout!

thurmma

150cc
You know, I am not opposed to change but, forewarn people when you are going to make changes so when things don't look right they will give it a little bit to see if it is just an issue that needs to be resolved or the "new look". I personally liked the way it looked when Bart had it. It may not have been in the "latest and greatest" format but, it was functional and easy to navigate. Just my 2 cents.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I foe one like the new setup a lot better. I personally think companies would be more apt to do business with a more polished and professional looking site. The old way looked very basic. I have no issues with scrolling or anything else with the new layout.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
I don't think it is fair to say a majority of the members don't like the new layout as only a handful of people have been complaining about it.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Everything I use, my Android phone, two tablets, a desktop and a laptop all are back to the original layout. Which I like by the way, but I'm not totally apposed to change.