• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

TESTING - Aerobeez 93" EXTRA 330 SC with DLE 111 Twin!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
The key goal is to not add weight but rather distribute (duh... right) so I would move everything as far forward as possible such as the throttle servo and flight packs. You could even move the flight packs to the outside of the motor box inside the cowl. You could also move your rx and powerboard (if you have one) up to the fuel tray... Looks like you have lots of room. Where is the ignition mounted? Is it on the motorbox under the cowl?

A little here and there will go a long way!

rab879

30cc
I just put one together and had the same problem. I ran the numbers on a cg program and came up with 8-9" from leading edge at the root. That' s where I'm going to start.

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Thanks guys for the info, also Rab879 checked it again last night
And ours is about that same measurement about 1-1/8" behind the wing tube

amstd7

70cc twin V2
The ignition is mounted on the motor box, and is there an extension available for extending battery leads? (Or suggestions), got plenty of room to move the packs, could move the power box but would have to use more extensions, (more connections??)

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
We tried moving the batteries all the way to the firewall with little or no change

[MENTION=2312]tomcat[/MENTION] One of our pilots called you yesterday, he told us that he was able to help you with the issue. Are you still having problems?

amstd7

70cc twin V2
Yes he was a lot of help, he wanted me to take some measurements to how far back from leading edge @ wing root that the plane actually balanced, and then to take a measurement how far that was behind the wing tube, the measurement from leading edge is 9", and the measurement from that point behind the wing tube is 1-3/8"

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Yes he was a lot of help, he wanted me to take some measurements to how far back from leading edge @ wing root that the plane actually balanced, and then to take a measurement how far that was behind the wing tube, the measurement from leading edge is 9", and the measurement from that point behind the wing tube is 1-3/8"

[MENTION=2312]tomcat[/MENTION], I spoke to him today and he told me he gave you a follow up call to make sure you had everything all figured out.

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
What was the end result?

[MENTION=3329]Rab879[/MENTION], We sent pictures to [MENTION=2312]tomcat[/MENTION] of our Aerobeez 93" Extra with the same motor balanced on strings at the wing tube. And showed him where to put the batteries all the way at the firewall to get the correct cg.