• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

ryan_m

100cc
Ok... so I head out from my office on my lunch break, and walk out to my car with a big smile... theres a 71 slick in the back :)
I drive the 10 minutes over to the field, and step out. It's a little windy, maybe 13-15mph, not too bad. I'm ready. I go in the car to get the transmitter... and it's not there. left it in the garage.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :cursing:

Can't fly all weekend since the wife is working both days.... (first days back at work in a year).

Hopefully I'll have some nice flying weather next Monday.

-G

Been there... my field is 23 miles from my house each way. I've left my tx at home, left the wing tube at home once, left the wings behind once, left the glow fuel behind once (4-5 years back), sucks.

ChickenBalls

"Cool Guy"
Been there... my field is 23 miles from my house each way. I've left my tx at home, left the wing tube at home once, left the wings behind once, left the glow fuel behind once (4-5 years back), sucks.

WE have a guy that does this alot forget canopy, fuel, and so forth, we suggested a check list before he leaves house lol

hone

150cc
I've forgot my wing tube a few times.

I agree that a check list is a good idea. I should probably make one :)

I wouldn't dream of dragging my 10mo old daughter to the field, and then not watching her for a 15 minute flight, but my 5yr old would love it. Right now, flying and my family don't mix well.

How's your Extra coming along Chad? still getting parts together?

-G
Still getting parts together :(

SteveT.

100cc
Ok... so I head out from my office on my lunch break, and walk out to my car with a big smile... theres a 71 slick in the back :)
I drive the 10 minutes over to the field, and step out. It's a little windy, maybe 13-15mph, not too bad. I'm ready. I go in the car to get the transmitter... and it's not there. left it in the garage.

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :cursing:

Can't fly all weekend since the wife is working both days.... (first days back at work in a year).

Hopefully I'll have some nice flying weather next Monday.

-G

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

that's just as bad as having a plane, transmitter, etc. but NO batteries :crying:

Usually remember transmitter.....but, yes, been know to leave batteries at home, and yes, 19 miles one way.....argh!!

SteveT.

wedoitall

i almost flew my wattaplane slick yesterday without the wing tube. i know your probably scratching your head but on that plane the wings are actually recessed inside the fuse an inch or so. i was in a hurry to maiden it before it got to dark outside and forgot to put the tube in. had both wings on and was walking away to do a taxi test when i "realized" what i did.

gyro

GSN Contributor
i almost flew my wattaplane slick yesterday without the wing tube. i know your probably scratching your head but on that plane the wings are actually recessed inside the fuse an inch or so. i was in a hurry to maiden it before it got to dark outside and forgot to put the tube in. had both wings on and was walking away to do a taxi test when i "realized" what i did.

That most likely would have been a total loss! Very glad you discovered it missing prior to flight.

wedoitall

yea would have been bad. im kinda glad i broke that wing bolt yesterday. i was in a hurry, it was getting dark, i almost tried to fly without the tube. something bad was bound to happen.

but im telling you what, you guys are going to like that plane. i cant wait till in the morning, i may even go to bed early....well earlier than ususal. cant wait to fly her with less than 15 mph wind.