• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

joshgluck

100cc
thats sucks on the sig.....

on the pull pull its pretty straight forward. the directions are spot on. just make sure you only put enough of the pull wire end on the servo arm to be able to tighten it. so you can tighten it in the future.

Well I think I did alright

uploadfromtaptalk1363589268450.jpg

That was until I pulled the right side cable through the fuse :-(

I think it will be fine even if it's not following the exact path as intended.

We will see maiden is tomorrow am at 6 assuming the sun is up and the wind isn't too bad.

uploadfromtaptalk1363589353265.jpg

joshgluck

100cc
I bet the suspense has been killing you all so feel free to stop biting your nails and creep back in your seats as the maiden is complete! I now understand the sickness and hope my kids do well in school because I feel the college fund getting even smaller by the minute (note to wifey - just kidding)

Anyway, we fly out of a county park so I had to beg the ranger, ok, really I just said dude and pointed at the locked gate, he said dude and pointed at the sign next to it stating park hours are 8-7! Doh stupid glasses I got it backwards as I wasn't wearing them.

Anyway the ranger was awesome and unlocked to let me in early as I told him I did have to work at some point today so please please please let me in.

I probably did this the wrong way but will put this out there for you all to comment and correct: threw in my first pack 3s1800 30c Glacier from epbuddy.com, strapped in with 2 straps, and checked control surfaces (nb: this is the part I did wrong me thinks) which I then maxed out to 150% in each direction ensuring there was no binding or interference with the rudder elevator. No expo or dual rates of course, counted ready steady go and off she went on the take off roll, leaping into the air like, we'll like a frigging awesome precision 3dhs rc aircraft should.

Climb out, circle back and boy is she twitchy (hmmmm note to self, expo next time and tighten the sticks). I was very cautious in trimming. Did a few basic pattern maneuvers and was in love. Landed and messed with the radio to try and take out my jittery twitches which on retrospect were most likely from how freaking cold it was.

Next packs (2&3) were awesome, hands off trimming completed. Given the time and temp I decided to pack it in and hi tail it to the ferry with the biggest sh!t eating grin and a good amount of pep in my step. Can't wait for the next day out so I can really tighten up battery placement for cg, measure the throws properly and mix out any coupling.

Took a few pics for you guys:

uploadfromtaptalk1363612945821.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363613012504.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1363612980611.jpg

Anyone have tips for trimming and mixing in general? Never really did more than trim for hands off into the wind.

Have a great day guys!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Hey, welcome back Anthony!
Thought you left us for the RCGroups Plus program?

... J/k. You flying much?

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthony7820

70cc twin V2
Hey, welcome back Anthony!
Thought you left us for the RCGroups Plus program?

... J/k. You flying much?

Yeeeaaaa......Well anyway.

I have been flying a lot more. Flew a gallon and a half through the Avant and a few packs on the G500 on Friday. I also flew Saturday and yesterday as well. Not an airplane in sight though.:D

67332_4552044646307_359173376_n.jpg